Network Engineer II (Remote)
- Posted: over a month ago
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree or a combination of technical training, certifications, and experience
· MSCS or other systems related certifications or specialty experience
· 7+ Years of experience
· Cisco CCNA or better with specialties in Voice and Security
· Security+ CE (or appropriate DoDM 8570 Baseline Certification)
· IAT Level II certification is required before start
· Provides Tier II Network Support.
· Works closely with the Network Engineer at the SIL to implement enterprise network designs and solutions
· Installs, configures, operates, and maintains a variety of network equipment and architectures, mostly packetized environments
· Focused on enterprise wide end to end systems
Knowledge and Skills:
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Network operating systems
· LAN/WAN, & security.
· TCP/IPv4/6, Ethernet, ISDN/BRI/PRI, and various other communications and network protocols
· VLANs, VPN, data encryption, network management, information systems/network security, routers, switches, TCP accelerators
· VoIP devices, Voice Exchange Appliances, firewalls, Windows and Linux/Unix servers, virtualized environments (VMWare)
· Backup principle and various storage architectures and principles
· Premise wire and cable plant (especially with regard to TEMPEST/separation techniques and requirements), IA, DR etc.) and related ancillary systems/services.
· Hands-on experience with Apcon switch, Talari T5000, Cisco and Dell Storage Area Networks, Apcon switch, Talari T5000, Cisco and Dell Storage Area Networks , Cisco routers, Cisco switches, Sonus/Ribbon VX appliances, High Assurance Internet Protocol Encryption (HAIPE) Inline Network Encryptor (INE), General Dynamics TACLANE KG 175Gs, Cisco WAAS data accelerators, McAfee firewalls, VPNs, Sourcefire network defense sensors, Intrusion Prevention system, VMWare servers, Backup software solution, Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE), Cisco UCS, Dell Unity, Storage Area Network, KLAS Voyager Executive Communications Kit (ECK), Spectracom Secure Sync, Network Time Servers, Moxa, Device Monitoring system, Perle IOLAN SCS, remote console management, Adtran Multiplexer.
· Secret at Joint Base Lewis McChord
· Top Secret at Joint Base Andrews
· Must be US Citizen
This position will involve less than 10% travel
Location: Joint Base Lewis McChord, Washington || Joint Base Andrews
Global Enterprise Services, LLC
AddressJoint Base Lewis McChord, WA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?