Network Engineer (Remote)
• A Bachelor’s degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience.
• In lieu of a bachelor’s degree an additional four (4) years of relevant experience providing Network Operations or Engineering support may be substituted.
• Currently possess an active DoD Secret security clearance.
• Security+ Certification
• Certifications: An Information Assurance Technical (IAT) level I baseline certification as defined by DoD 8570.01-M is required.
• Proficiency with Cisco, Juniper IOS or other IP/transport specific management tools (EMS) and general practices. Expertise in IP technologies, i.e. Networking architectures and methodologies and Voice Services.
• Expert Knowledge of IP principles.
• Proficiency in at least two or more of the following devices: SONUS SBC, Juniper MX5 routers, Juniper SRX firewalls, Juniper EX switches, SONUS SBCs, KG175.
• Proficiency in at least one of the following tools: SolarWinds or Junos Space.
• Optimize end-to-end system performance and dataflow management.
• Conduct data captures to obtain network performance information.
• Lead Network personnel and NOC, SOC, etc.) supporting personnel to resolve service disruption issues and to enhance situational awareness and operational service performance.
• Oversee team providing the routine testing and analysis of all elements of the network operations, including power, software, circuits, etc.
• Utilizes software and hardware tools, identifies, and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network performance.
• Oversee troubleshoots network systems when necessary and makes improvements to the network.
• Guide and direct the day-to-day activities required to deliver end-to-end monitoring, management, administration, and maintenance for all enterprise services and infrastructure.
• Lead daily and weekly service operations meetings apprising Government and DES Operations management team of SLA performance, network and system operations, security, remediation activities, performance impacts, system outages, and other operational matters.
• Ensure adequate resources, procedures, and reporting for backup, restore, and data recovery strategies and consistency with SLA requirements.
• Ensure all network devices and systems comply with the configuration baselines and all Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) are accurately configured and applied.
• Ensure processes are in place to review, update, and develop documentation for system and network services and maintenance processes and procedures, and provide recommendations for improvements/changes.
• Provide support to the network and systems security personnel in Information Assurance and Cybersecurity incident response.
• Provide support to Migration team supporting the transition of DAFAs to the DES enterprise.
• Guide and direct performance of operational security functions, as required, and provide accurate reports, to include but not limited to Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs) and vulnerability patching.
• Minimize network latency and maximize data throughput through design analysis and network performance monitoring tools.
• Provide input to the design of the organization's network and mission architecture.
• Design solutions, integrate, configure, deploy, test and provide ongoing maintenance for numerous types of network devices, interfaces and methodologies.
- Configure and optimize the network to connect various front-end and back-end components.
- Gather needed data to specify system/component performance and interface requirements
Implement specific network solutions to support server requirements to include load-balancing, VPN’s, firewall contexts, Traffic Shaping Voice over IP (VoIP), GRE Tunneling, IP Security (IPSec), IP Encryption, Media over IP (MoIP), and network address translation (NAT) where appropriate
Global Enterprise Services, LLCFort Meade, MD
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.