Network Engineer (Remote)
The DES program is a highly demanding mission and requires expert technical and professional management to support DISA’s enterprise Information Technology (IT) services. You will be supporting a large and complex IT discovery, design, and migration effort towards a Single Service Provider model for the Department of Defense. This role will include discovery analysis and design activities required to migrate common IT services from multiple large-scale DoD agencies into DoDNet.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of experience; additional years of directly applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Must have an active DoD IAT Level II (Security+ ) certification or equivalent prior to start.
- Proficiency in at least one of: enterprise-class firewall technologies, proxies, load balancers, and other IP/transport specific management tools (EMS) and general practices. Expertise in IP technologies, i.e. Networking architectures and methodologies.
- This position requires extensive writing and the selected candidate MUST have superb writing skills.
- Plan and design secure network solutions to consolidate connectivity services under an enterprise service.
- Partner with key stakeholders and technical experts to perform legacy environment discovery, assessing current capabilities, configurations, and unique requirements to develop a design and architecture leveraging approved design patterns.
- Design classified and unclassified wide area connectivity inclusive of underlay, overlay, and COI transport design that supports performance, quality of service, security, and mission requirements.
- Design classified and unclassified transport (circuit) connectivity support mission requirements.
- Provide secure access solutions leveraging wired and wireless technologies, integrating standards, use cases/scenarios, and develop associated implementation and transition plans.
- Integrate capacity planning and scaling of network and security stack environments into the overall design of solutions.
- Collect, investigate, and identify network optimization strategies and techniques to meet capacity and performance standards.
- Identify legacy service paths (i.e. dataflow, firewall rulesets, and ACLs) and develop strategies and designs for the to-be enterprise service capability to meet requirements while balancing security, sustainability, and maintainability.
- Support development of IP addressing schemes across IPv4 and IPv6 networks.
- Work with information assurance teams to ensure compliance to DoD standards to assist with providing accreditation artifacts.
- Demonstrated expertise in the design and consolidation of network and security environments across geographically dispersed sites
- Expert Knowledge of DoD security requirements for network environments.
- Proficiency in at least one of the following tools: PaloAlto Panorama, SolarWinds, Cisco Prime, or Junos Space.
- Must hold an active Secret security clearance & be eligible for Top Secret.
- Must be US Citizen
- Fort Meade, Maryland
Global Enterprise Services, LLCFort Meade, MD
TechnologyView All Global Enterprise Services, LLC Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.