Junior DevOps Software Engineer (Remote)
Global Enterprise Services, LLC
Fort Meade, MD
- Posted: over a month ago
Junior DevOps Software Engineer
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a relevant technical discipline and 1+ year of related experience obtained through any combination of coursework and internships.
- Working knowledge of Git and experience with development workflows in GitHub, Bitbucket or an equivalent tool.
- Experience developing software on a UNIX command line platform.
- Strong communication skills that enable proactive and effective collaboration with a virtual team.
- Ability to obtain interim Secret DoD Security clearance prior to start date.
- Ability to obtain Security+ certification or equivalent DoD 8570 IAT II certification within 60 days of start date.
- Develop automated CI/CD build/deployment pipelines using Jenkins, Artifactory, Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible and Bitbucket.
- Work with an Agile team, attend daily scrums and demonstrate working software while collaborating with a geographically distributed (remote) team.
- Troubleshoot and resolve installation, infrastructure and system issues.
- Proactively and independently identify, report, monitor, and mitigate technical risks.
- Frequently communicate and collaborate with other team members to ensure successful completion of project objectives.
- Experience designing, developing and deploying software in a cloud environment (AWS is a plus).
- Experience designing, building and deploying DevOps pipelines with Bitbucket, Git, Jenkins, Artifactory and Ansible (or equivalent tools).
- Experience designing and implementing application deployment pipelines and developing software in a containerized environment with Kubernetes and Docker.
- Full software lifecycle automation experience (design, development, test, deployment), including deployment to a production environment.
- Experience designing and building automated software testing pipelines using Ansible, Selenium, JMeter, Junit and/or other applicable tools.
- Previous SCM experience, including release planning, managing software baselines, merging branches, and producing software builds
- Experience with Atlassian tools, including Bitbucket integrations with JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience integrating code review systems into the SCM process.
- Experience with static code analysis, particularly security scans.
- Experience working remotely with a geographically dispersed team.
- Experience working as part of an Agile software development team.
- Experience developing and deploying software in a DoD environment (DISA experience is a plus), including experience building and deploying software applications that meet DoD security standards and updating applications and code to meet security scans and security implementation guidelines (e.g. STIGs).
- Must be US Citizen
Travel Requirements: This position will involve less than 10% travel
Location: While this role is primarily remote one must live within commuting distance to Scott AFB, IL or Ft. Meade, MD for on-site support.
Global Enterprise Services, LLC
AddressFort Meade, MD
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?