Information Assurance Engineer (Remote)
- Posted: over a month ago
The Information Assurance Engineer determines enterprise information assurance and security standards. Develops and implements information assurance/security standards and procedures. Coordinates, develops, and evaluates security programs for an organization. Recommends information assurance/security solutions to support customers’ requirements. Identifies, reports, and resolves security violations.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 4-8 years of overall related experience. Specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree..
- Linux and/or Windows server experience.
- Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills.
- ITIL Certification (Preferred)
- Currently possess an active Top Secret security clearance with the ability to acquire a SCI.
- Security+ certification or equivalent DoD 8570 IAT II
- The individual shall possess a working knowledge of the system or enclave functions, its technical IA safeguards, and its operational IA measures.
- The individual needs to be flexible, dependable and be able to multi-task with priorities.
- The position requires the individual have extensive background in information systems to include Information Assurance, Computer Network Defense, and secure network configuration practices for servers, switches and routers.
- Determine applicability of Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts/Bulletins to assets.
- Coordinate network scanning of assets and analyze reports to identify mitigation actions.
- Implement software patches, upgrades, and configuration changes as directed by change control board
- Validate security posture of assets (servers and network devices) using security technical information guides and security requirement guides
- Collaborate with program information assurance staff, program management, and local engineers to ensure an appropriate security posture is maintained.
- Candidate will assist in creating and maintaining system documentation and support accreditation activities.
- The individual must satisfy both preparatory and sustaining DoD standard training and certification requirements as a condition of privileged access to any DoD information system.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with a ticketing system such as BMC Remedy or ITSM
- Experience with Cisco and Juniper network devices
- Experience Information Assurance Technology Framework (IATF) Defense in Depth principles
- Experience with DISA and DoD assessment and authorization processes (e.g., RMF).
- Experience with VMware vSphere/ESXi 5.
- Experience with big data applications.
- Experience with ACAS, eMass, and HBSS
- Must have experience or training in IA and IA supporting technologies and vulnerability assessment tools.
- Working knowledge of DoD 8500 series and NIST 800-series.
- Familiar with DISA and DoD security and IA policy and the application of security policy (e.g. STIGs)
Global Enterprise Services, LLC
AddressFort George Meade, MD
TechnologyView all jobs at Global Enterprise Services, LLC