Major University is seeking a part time temp with telemarketer experience. A brief description of the duties are below:
Position: Part-time Telemarketer
20 hours per week, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays
March 2 until April 14, 2020
MUST have previous experience doing telemarketing work. The person will make calls to alumni to drive registrations to an upcoming conference. This person will make calls to alumni to raise awareness about the conference and to persuade the members to register for the event. The goal is to gain 400 additional conference attendees to the conference that will take place on April 27-May 1 in New Orleans, LA.
* Using a script and a FAQ document, answer questions about the conference
* Explain and sell the promotional offer regarding the conference registrations
* Send follow up (scripted) email messages with additional information on how to register for the conference
* Manage discount codes related to the promotion using an excel spreadsheet
* Record information on a spreadsheet to track goals and evaluate the success of the promotion (eg: number calls per day, times to contact, number sales, number registrations, etc)
* Prepare summary reports and review them with the director of sales, marketing and business development on a weekly basis.
* Recommend suggestions to improve sales pitch based on experience and feedback from members
* Relay issues or trends that are discovered during the sales process.
Software: Cisco phone system, Excel spreadsheet, google email. Outgoing personality, previous experience doing telemarketing calls.
Please note this is a Temporary 20 hour a week assignment. Tues, Wed and Thursday are the scheduled days.