- Candidate will be responsible for transaction monitoring and surveillance at the Bank and Broker/Dealer. Research alerts and conduct thorough investigations and document results. Conduct regular surveillance activity as defined by Bank and Broker/Dealer policy and procedures.
- Analyze transactions and transaction patterns related to Private Bank client activity to identify specific and anomalous activity for AML purposes
- Perform Due Diligence using proprietary, subscription and public databases, research entities related to the transactions
- Thoroughly and succinctly document the research and analysis related to the financial activity and related entities for an audience that includes Regulators, Internal Audit, Senior Managers and Internal Compliance
- Understanding of KYC as it relates to Private Banking
- Perform trade surveillance in order to identify potential anomalies (e.g. unsuitable trades, SEC Rule non-compliance, etc.)
- Broad knowledge of securities industry rules, regulations and broker/dealer functions.
- Knowledge of AML/BSA/OFAC/SEC/FINRA rules, regulations
- Strong working knowledge of broker-dealer regulations
- Finance/Banking background
- Excellent communication skills as evidenced by the ability to concisely and meaningfully explain and support research conclusions, both in written and verbal formats
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills; follows through to complete deliverables timely
- Bi-lingual Portuguese (preferred) or Spanish