We are currently in need of a Customer Care Specialist.
The desired candidate will meet the qualifications below:
Assignment: The selected candidate will work with the customer care team on designated projects to solve customer issues. Some reps from this team will be migrating to the VMS side to help during some leaves. The candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and have the demeanor to service customers who may be agitated. During test score release time, the volume gets high and work can be more intense.
The Customer Care Specialist is the individual in the College Board customer service department primarily accountable for serving as point of contact on all SAT, PSAT, AP and CLEP escalated customer service matters. Additionally, this individual is responsible for ensuring that all new SAT, PSAT, AP and CLEP Operations process exceptions are identified and resolved. The Customer Care Specialist reports directly to the Associate Director, Customer Care Services.
The Specialist will also work closely with members of the College Board Program groups and other Operational business partners to ensure that all customer service cases/escalations across programs are properly processed, handled, and resolved within SLA. This includes both the execution and communication of known alternate flows and exceptions resolutions.
· Serve as business contact between the customer service operations group and all of the internal departments and external vendors to address and resolve processing exceptions and/or escalated customer service cases. Establish a strong relationship with each of the College Board departments listed above and external vendors, specifically the various customer service outsourced partners.
· Must fully understand all of the College Board Program(s) operations processes, particularly those impacting Customer Service. Must understand these operational activities from end to end to ensure all escalated cases are adequately addressed across all of the affected departments and vendors.
· Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in written format case status, as well as complex Program policies to consumers, to include students, parents, High School Guidance Counselors and College/University Admissions Personnel.
· Ability to work within aggressive timelines and with extremely sensitive student cases.
· Ability to handle high volume case loads while ensuring that cases are researched and closed within established timelines.
· Ability to learn multiple customer service and operational system applications required to manage escalated customer service cases.
· Hands-on approach to lead resolution and root cause analysis of assigned customer service escalated cases.
· Conduct manual processes to implement exceptions workarounds.
· When necessary, provide manual support for data entry and exceptions.
· College Degree preferred
· 3-5 years of experience
- Solid Customer Service background
· Solid progressively responsible experience in back-office operations required.
· Strong process improvement experience required.
· Experience in a high-volume consumer operation --- potentially including e-commerce, in-bound mail processing, customer inquiry / customer service processing required.