Global Diving & Salvage, Inc. is a leader in the marine services industry with decades of experience managing complex, critical and technical projects in and around the water. We bring the expertise and resources necessary to get the job done quickly, reliably and safely - even in the most challenging environments.
We are currently seeking a Field Safety Specialist to join our corporate office in Seattle, WA. This position is responsible for addressing and training field staff on all safety related matters, materials, safety measures, and policies. This position requires the ability to make an impact and be inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project and the organization. The Field Safety Specialist works closely with Operations to ensure that all employees are working within Global's safety policies, procedures, and Federal and local regulations.
Standard office hours are Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Additional work hours will be required as work dictates. This position also requires the ability to travel to project sites and regional offices, approximately 30-50% of the time.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform job site visits, job kick-offs, audits, incident investigations at other regional office locations, including Alaska and California
- Ensure procedures, protocols, documents and employees are in compliance with current regulations, client requirements, and applicable standards
- Assist project managers with safety planning for projects (reviewing Site Safety Health Plans, Job Site Analyses, safety equipment, etc.)
- Provide training for initial and annual HAZWOPER, training on the company's Injury & Illness Prevention Plan, First Aid/CPR and additional training as necessary
- Communicate directly, provide assistance and identify solutions for safety related concerns with management, and onsite supervisory personnel
- Instill safety awareness and support safety minded culture based on our TEAM program
- Acknowledge and respond to TEAM cards
- Assist HSE Manager to address safety concerns
- Assist with continued development and implementation of various safety programs companywide
- Facilitate monthly safety meetings
- Recommend and deliver safety topics in daily and monthly safety meetings
- Participate in safety committee meetings as appropriate and necessary
- Participate in HSE industry organizations
- Keep appraised of regulatory changes that may affect the company's safety programs and training
- Provide recommendations and updates for the company's safety training content
- Conduct safety drills and lead debriefs related to the drills
- Other duties as assigned
AA or bachelor's degree preferred
CSP or ASP preferred
- 3-5 years professional safety experience
- Experience in construction, maritime or commercial diving safety
- Working knowledge of OSHA and USCG regulations
- Must have satisfactory verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively and professionally with internal and external clients
- Familiarity with computers and MS Office Suite
- Ability to work with a team and independently
- Ability to proactively identify issues and offer solutions
- Travel to project sites and regional offices, approximately 30-50%
- Ability to respond to afterhours emergencies
- Ability to pass HAZMAT and DOT physicals
- Ability to be a leader and inspire teammates to follow them
Equal Employment Opportunity
Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the objective of Global Diving & Salvage, Inc. to obtain qualified employees consistent with position requirements: to seek, employ, promote, and treat all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion/creed, handicap/disability, marital status, genetic information/history, military/veteran status, or any other characteristic or condition protected by law.
Global will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Global's legal duty to furnish information. (41 C.F.R. 60-1.35(c))
If you are a candidate with a disability in need of an accommodation in the application process, please contact 206-623-0621 or email email@example.com.
Apply online at http://www.gdiving.com/about/employment