Global is currently seeking a Diver/Tender at our Alaska location. This person will report to the company’s Regional Dive Operations Manager. The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Undertake dives and other duties as directed by the Supervisor;
- Ensure that personal diving equipment is working correctly and is suitable for the planned dive;
- Ensure full understanding of the dive plan and is competent to carry out the planned task;
- Know the routine and emergency procedures;
- Report any medical problem or symptoms experienced during or after the dive;
- Ability to identify and report any equipment faults, other potential hazards, near misses, or accidents;
- Keep the logbook up to date and have it signed by the Supervisor after each dive.
- Previous maritime experience and knowledge of diving support equipment
- Must possess working knowledge of industry requirements for equipment
- All employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Must have a valid driver's license and valid car insurance, and submit a driving record for the past three years
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check
- Must submit the last four dive logs
- Current certifications of all diver-owned equipment (i.e., Hat, bottle, etc.)
- Must possess a current diving physical or be able to pass a diving physical
- Ability to wear a commercial diving hat, 25-30lbs, for approximately 4hrs daily
- Ability to work in all weather conditions: rain, sleet, storm, snow, heat, etc.
- Ability to work out on remote or distant projects as needed for several months at a time
- Ability to lift 50lbs repetitively
- 24-hour and 7-day-a-week availability based on project or emergency response needs
- Current ADCI Card
- Oxygen Provider/DANO2
- First/Aid CPR
- Must be eligible to enter or be a member of a local union
Must be a graduate of a commercial diver training program accredited by the Association of Diving Educators (ACDE) or others as recognized in IMCA.
- 1-3 years of underwater diving experience
- 1-3 years of experience in the construction industry
- Must possess or be able to obtain a TWIC Card
- Ability to work outside the United States
- IMCA Certified/International Certification cards
- NITROX /Enriched Air Oxygen
- OSHA 10-hour or 30-hour construction course certificate
*Qualified candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. The company will not provide a work visa or relocation for this position.
Work Location: Anchorage, AK
Equal Employment Opportunity
Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the objective of Global Diving & Salvage, Inc. to obtain qualified employees consistent with position requirements: to seek, employ, promote, and treat all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion/creed, handicap/disability, marital status, genetic information/history, military/veteran status, or any other characteristic or condition protected by law.
If you are a candidate with a disability in need of accommodation in the application process, please contact 206-623-0621 or email email@example.com.
Global Diving & SalvageAnchorage, AK
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.