Finance and Accounting Analyst
- Expired: April 12, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Global Development Incubator (GDI) partners with social entrepreneurs and subject matter experts to build startups and collaboratives that can address some of the world's toughest global development challenges. We play a mix of the strategist and implementer role to spin out new organizations over 24-36 months. Throughout each stage of our process, we bring together the right partners and resources across sectors-including corporations, nonprofits, governments, and foundations-to help game-changing ideas scale their impact and prepare them for long-term success. GDI currently retains a mostly remote workforce with major clusters of staff in New York, Washington, DC, Hong Kong, and Nairobi. We anticipate establishing an office in India in 2022.
The Finance and Accounting Analyst will support a growing Finance and Operations team at a lean and high-performing international organization. This role will be responsible for finance and accounting activities, including budgeting, forecasting, preparing financial reports, A/P, A/R, and other accounting duties. The position requires initiative and resourcefulness in problem solving, analyzing trends and patterns to propose new procedures, and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external customers. Like every position at GDI, staff are expected to exercise a high degree of autonomy while assuming significant responsibility. This position reports to the Controller.
70% of a time
- Prepare organizational, grant, and project budgets in collaboration with Project Lead and Controller
- Create customized grant reports, dashboards, and other data visualizations for funders, program/project directors, and senior management
- Produce timely periodic external and internal financial reports. Identify and analyze significant variances. Review results and variances to communicate them to the Project Lead
- Monitor project expenditure to ensure compliance with budget, internal policies, grant terms, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Support financial oversight of sub-recipients, assuring the reasonableness of expenditures, compliance with budget, grant terms, and GAAP
30% of a time
- Perform the full cycle of accounts payable and disbursements functions ensuring timely payments and accurate recordkeeping
- Perform the full cycle of accounts receivable and receipts functions ensuring timely processing and accurate recordkeeping
- Manage accounting schedules, perform bank reconciliation, prepare and enter month-end closing entries, including allocation of costs and recognition of revenue
- Support the annual audit and preparation of tax forms and filings
- Provide additional support to the Finance and Operations team as needed
- A Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting, and a minimum of 2-3 years of progressive experience in a similar position
- Advanced Excel skills and experience with QuickBooks or other accounting systems required
- Proficiency with General Accepted Accounting Principles required
- Experience in developing detailed grant program budgets and financial reports
- Excellent organization, attention to detail, and data management skills required
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain complex technical information in simple terms to different stakeholders is required
- Proven aptitude to manage and juggle many competing priorities is essential
- Able to move fluidly between collaborative and independent work styles
- Curious and entrepreneurial mindset
- Experience with 2 CFR 200, experience with FAR and AIDAR desirable
- Experience working with non-U.S. donors, partners, and implementers
- Interest in and commitment to social entrepreneurship and international development
Annual Salary: $70,000 - $80,000
Application Process: Qualified candidates are required to submit their applications on or before May 15, 2022, including a detailed CV and a cover letter, outlining their interest in this position and why they would be a good fit. Please note that the cover letter is considered an important aspect of the application and will be evaluated against the qualifications above. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Global Development Incubator
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Global Development Incubator