Global Defense, Inc. (GDI) is a Small Business offering a full portfolio of program management and advisory services for strategy development, assessment, evaluation, systems engineering, integration, test, and sustainment. GDI specializes in enterprise analysis and assessment support for C4I programs of national significance including analysis of alternatives, concept development, capability document development, and system performance and specification development. We utilize automated systems and processes to implement industry proven strategies enhancing our project communication, supporting collaborative efforts, promoting best practices implementation, and holding continuous process improvement reviews. GDI's focused insight balances the need for greater defense capability, while optimizing investments in constrained fiscal environments.
Global Defense is searching for a Configuration Management (CM) Specialist in our San Diego, CA office.
The CM Specialist will have a minimum of 5 years' of configuration management experience with C4I systems and the ability to write or revise CM plans, standard operating procedures, and CCB charters. This position will review existing CM processes and recommend modifications, as required, to gain process efficiencies and alignment with enterprise wide processes and policies. These recommendations, once approved, shall be incorporated into existing CM documents or, if necessary, prepare applicable documentation. The CM Specialist will assist the CM Manager in developing recommendations for changes to CM policy, processes, procedures and tools to support more effective CM execution. This position will assist in the preparation of CM training materials and provide CM training, as required, to personnel and team staff.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience is required, with at least 3 years in CM related activities.
- BS degree in any field.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- CSWF Acquisition and Program Project Management (Code 80) Apprentice certification, as described in DoD 8570.1M and The Department of Navy Credentialing Opportunities On-Line (DON COOL). (Apprentice certification means ITIL Foundation Level Certification or PMI Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP) certification.)
- Minimum SECRET-level clearance.
Functional Responsibilities and Skills:
- Working in cross functional teams
- Overseeing program execution of configuration management processes
- Analytical and problem solving skills related to configuration/data management issues
- Experience with CMPro or other similar configuration or data management tools Management training
- Knowledge of Department of the Navy Configuration Management processes
- Ability to plan, organize, complete and present assessments of Configuration Management concepts, analyses, studies and procedures
- Serve as the senior specialist point of contact and lead business authority for program office Configuration Management activities
- Familiarity with Navy organizational structure and acquisition processes.