BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - PHARMACEUTICAL CDMO SALES
We are a Globally Renowned Pharmaceutical Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) with numerous sites across North America, UK and India. Due to explosive growth, we are seeking an experienced Business Development Manager for our Boston, MA territory. Candidate could live in MA, CT, RI, NH or upstate NY. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package!
POSITION SUMMARY: Solid and demonstrable experience of selling development and clinical projects into biotech, mid-size and large pharmaceutical companies
- Identify and engage with new prospective clients using sources such as databases, publications, market analysis, trade shows and contacts.
- Coordinate initial client visits to Company’s facilities
- Prepare and deliver client proposals in collaboration with Program Managers.
- Negotiate agreements of sale and achieve sales objectives.
- Input data and maintain prospect databases.
- Prepare sales activity and client visit reports.
- Contribute to the implementation of marketing initiatives including providing market information, distributing materials and attending trade shows.
- Develop and maintain a current understanding of the external marketplace (e.g. conditions, trends and competitors) as well as internal capabilities and technologies.
- Maintain a current knowledge of sales and project management skills and techniques
- Minimum requirement of a bachelor’s degree in a scientific subject or equivalent experience in a relevant environment. (chemistry, biology etc.)
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience CDMO sales.
- Strong communication skills
- Tact and diplomacy
- Willingness and ability to learn and grasp new ideas both independently and collaboratively
- High levels of initiative, self-motivation and energy with an ability to work well within a commercial team
- An ability to deal to manage complex information and Strong leadership and people management skills
- Highly organized with an ability to work effectively to deadlines.
- Ambitious, performance oriented and able to work independently.
- A high attention to detail with an ability to follow through on commitments