Our client is looking for a Technology & Data Product Manager for their NYC location
Are you an innovative and insightful thinker who likes solving complex business problems leveraging technology and data? Have you lead teams implementing MarTech or data and analytics platforms? Do you have a deep understanding of Agile/Scrum development, its tools and methods for success? Do you fashion yourself an agile coach?
This role typically works on several projects at a time and as a leading member of each project team, often as a product owner. You will be the direct liaison between TPG and marketing business partners across our brands, and will drive the roadmap for Marketing Technology platforms.
As a leader on the team, you will have the responsibility for the product managers and business analysts within the TPG Marketing Systems team. You will drive the product team by mentoring them on Product mindset, Agile software development, Scrum practices and building for business outcomes. You will also work collaboratively with the several engineering teams to deliver scalable and high-quality technology solutions that unlock business value.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Drive the business to continuously define a vision and roadmap for marketing technology platforms (Consumer data lake & MDM, ESP, Campaign Management, Loyalty, AdTech stack, and Marketing Analytics)
- Lead a team of product managers and business analysts focusing on professional development of the team and project execution alike
- Product management through entire lifecycle, including story gathering, defining done, building for outcomes, reporting on effectiveness through analysis & financial management.
- Partner with engineering and business stakeholders to evaluate technology platforms and make build / buy / partner recommendations
- Provide project management and technical leadership, coaching and mentoring to team members
- Create and maintain a product backlog and prioritize ruthlessly based on business value and ROI
- Take ownership of assigned scrum teams, and play an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful completion of release/sprint goals
- Focuses the engineering teams and business owners toward business value and outcome based development
- Master of ceremonies for agile/lean teams
- Leads feedback sessions with product, engineering and business teams to continuously evolve team processes and performance
- Report on team velocity, value and project status regularly to senior stakeholders across our company
- Craft and deliver presentations on potential new capabilities and enhancements for owned products
- Utilize and stay current with modern platforms and methods
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 10 years of progressive IT experience with minimum 2 years of experience leading and managing teams
- 3+ years of experience working in a product management, technical product owner or similar capacity
- Strong experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver marketing technology solutions or digital products using agile methodology
- Experience working in a matrix environment and ability to lead teams through influence
- Demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
Education: Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Business Management, or a related field (Graduate degree in Business Management or related field preferred