Global Consulting International Shreveport, LA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: Physician Assistant
Location: Barksdale AFB, LA
Job Type: Full Time
Work Hours: Monday- Friday 40 hours/week
Paid Holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. If the holiday falls on Saturday, it is observed on Friday. If the holiday falls on a Sunday, it is observed on Monday.
Vacation: Two weeks paid vacation
· Must be a US citizen
· Must be able to pass a background check, drug test and obtain a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI).
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university certified by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education of the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA).
License: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Physician Assistant
Certifications: BLS & Certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician’s Assistants (NCCPA).
Experience: As required to meet clinical competency requirements specified in the Service-specific credentialing instructions.
English Language Requirement: Personnel shall read, understand, speak and write English well with demonstrated organization, facilitation and communication skills.
TYPE OF WORK
The duties include but are not limited to the following:
· Provide a full range of Physician Assistant services in primary and specialty medical care within the limits of their training and privileges granted by the MTF (e.g., supervise and provide general screening and medical care and examinations of patients for routine, acute and chronic conditions involving any and all organ systems; provide immunizations; diagnose, treat, and counsel patients as indicated).
· Technically direct and provide care for a variety of diseases and types of injuries (i.e., acute, chronic and minor trauma), and the skills to recognize emergency conditions in order to diagnose, prescribe for and treat diseases, disorders and injuries, and refer the more complex cases and serious conditions to qualified medical personnel and perform designated treatment.
· Technically direct and teach other staff, provide educational lectures and participate in in-service training to staff members.
· Promote preventive care and health maintenance including annual physicals, positive health behaviors and self-care through both formal and individual education and counseling.
· Prescribe in accordance with approved treatment protocols and the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee approved medications and immunizations.
· Identify a medical problem and determine appropriate action to meet the problem, including referral to a physician.
· Perform specific diagnostic and therapeutic practices and procedures in accordance with scope of practice.
· Establish collaborative rapport with physician, nursing and others in order to promote and facilitate primary care services.
· Teach patients and family member's healthy regimen and responsibility for achieving wellness.
GCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. GCI gives preferential treatment to veterans.