Location: BHC Boone- Virginia Beach, VA
Job Type: Contractor
Paid Holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. If the holiday falls on Saturday, it is observed on Friday. If the holiday falls on a Sunday, it is observed on Monday.
Vacation: Two weeks paid vacation & 56 hours of sick time
· Must be a US citizen
· Must be able to pass a background check, drug test and obtain a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI).
Education: Doctor of Pharmacy, (PharmD) and have successfully completed an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) approved continuing education of at least 15 hours which maintains pharmacy skills and knowledge in the preceding two (2) years.
License: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a pharmacist.
Experience: Completion of an accredited Pharmacy Residency Program and 12 months of experience within the preceding 24 months (post residency) OR Held clinical privileges as a clinical pharmacist within the preceding thirty-six month (36) months in a military treatment facility.
English Language Requirement: Personnel shall read, understand, speak and write English well with demonstrated organization, facilitation and communication skills.
Knowledge: Possess experience in the use of pharmacy computer systems such as the Navy TRIPHARM Computer System, the Composite Health Care System (CHCS) or .retail pharmacy computer systems.
TYPE OF WORK
The duties include but are not limited to the following:
· Assess patient’s response to drug therapy and planning drug therapy based on physician-established diagnoses.
· Order and evaluate laboratory tests necessary to evaluate drug therapy effects and outcomes.
· Initiate, modify, or discontinue medications for ongoing therapy of chronic disease states (e.g., hypertension, hyperlipidemia, anticoagulant, diabetes, asthma, refill clinics, etc.), in cooperation with the medical staff.
· Monitor and manage pharmacotherapy requiring periodic adjustment due to specific or changing pharmacokinetic characteristics (e.g., aminoglycosides, phenytoin, antithrombotic).
· Administer prescription or non-prescription drugs according to established agreements or MTF protocols.
· Assess metabolic needs and order therapeutic enteral or parenteral nutrition products in the inpatient setting.
· Evaluate medical and medication histories for drug-related problems and adjusting drug therapy accordingly.
· Consult with other healthcare providers (e.g., physicians, dietitians, nurses, physical therapists, etc.) about patient treatment needs or options.
· Perform a full range of pharmacist procedures.
· Review patient profiles at the time of dispensing in order to closely monitor medication therapy.
· Ensure prescription directions for use, dose, medication interactions, therapeutic duplications or overlaps, allergy information, age specific dosage, and other pertinent data are appropriate for individual patients.
· Ensure accuracy of all pharmaceutical products prepared or processed by technical staff.
· Provide medication and healthcare related in service training to clinical staff on new medications on the market; appropriate use of medications; comparison of current medication therapies; and other topics as deemed appropriate by the department head.
· Consult with other specialty practitioners to provide optimal patient pharmaceutical care.
· Document significant medication interactions, and pharmacy interactions with prescribers. Conduct Adverse Drug Reaction (ADR) reporting in accordance with The Joint Commission (TJC) or the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC) standards as appropriate.
· Facilitate medical staff drug utilization reviews (DURs) as deemed necessary.
GCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. GCI gives preferential treatment to veterans.
Global Consulting International