Location: Maxwell AFB, AL
Job Type: Full Time
Work Hours: Monday- Friday, 40 hrs/wk
Paid Holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Days, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. If the holiday falls on Saturday, it is observed on Friday. If the holiday falls on a Sunday, it is observed on Monday.
Vacation: Two weeks paid vacation
· Must be a US citizen
· Must be able to pass a background check, drug test and obtain a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI).
· The Contractor Personnel under this contract will be subject to random drug screenings conducted by the base drug demand reduction office
Education: Successful completion and graduation with a Doctoral degree in Pharmacy from a college of pharmacy accredited by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE).
Experience: One year of professional pharmacy experience after graduation.
Licensure: Shall have and maintain a current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a pharmacist in any one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Certifications: BSL, HCP life support certification, must be registered with the Board of Pharmacy
English Language Requirement: Personnel shall read, understand, speak and write English well with demonstrated organization, facilitation and communication skills.
TYPE OF WORK
The duties include but are not limited to the following:
· Perform a full range of pharmacist procedures.
· Deliver comprehensive pharmaceutical services within the personnel, supply, and equipment capabilities of the facility.
· Counsel patients regarding appropriate use of medications.
· Review patient profiles at the time of dispensing in order to closely monitor medication therapy.
· Ensure prescription directions for use, dose, medication interactions, therapeutic duplications or overlaps, allergy information, age specific dosage, and other pertinent data are appropriate for individual patients. Intervention with providers shall be made for noted discrepancy of above listed items.
· Compound medications as required.
· Ensure accuracy of all pharmaceutical products prepared or processed by technical staff.
· Supervise inventory control of all pharmaceuticals in the pharmacy, especially scheduled pharmaceuticals, and ensure pharmacy security. Maintain appropriate records and security of all scheduled controlled substances according to applicable regulations.
· Provide medication information and medication therapy guidelines to the clinical staff as required.
· Provide medication and healthcare related in service training to clinical staff on new medications on the market; appropriate use of medications; comparison of current medication therapies; and other topics as deemed appropriate by the department head.
· Provide clinical direction to beneficiaries and pharmacy technicians and provide input into job performance evaluations.
· Consult with other specialty practitioners to provide optimal patient pharmaceutical care.
· Ensure that work areas are clean and safe according to applicable regulations.
· Document significant medication interactions, and pharmacy interactions with Prescribers. Conduct Adverse Drug Reaction (ADR) reporting in accordance with The Joint Commission (TJC) standards.
· Facilitate medical staff drug utilization reviews (DURs) as deemed necessary
· Work closely with clinical staff in developing patient wellness programs such as smoking cessation programs, asthma classes, diabetic, hypertension, and high cholesterol.
· Develop, execute, and evaluate (or assist with above) the local policies and procedures in achieving compliance of governing laws, regulations, directives, and accreditation requirements.
· Pharmacist will be present and available to lead and coordinate pharmacy workflow.
· The pharmacist will perform all duties at an acceptable speed and accuracy standard as established and deemed appropriate by the work center supervisor. Must demonstrate teamwork and self-initiation in accomplishing the pharmacy mission.
GCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. GCI gives preferential treatment to veterans.
Global Consulting International