Medical Assistant Obstetrics Gynecology
- Posted: 8 days ago
- $20 to $24 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
* $1500Signing Bonus!! *
Position: Medical Assistant – OBGYN- $1750 Signing Bonus
Location: Naval Medical Center San Diego and associate clinics within 40 miles
Job Type: Full Time
Work Hours: 7 days/week, various shifts working hours between 6 AM-8 PM, Not to exceed 40 hours per week.
Paid Holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Juneteenth, Columbus Day, Veterans' Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. If the holiday falls on Saturday, it is observed on Friday. If the holiday falls on a Sunday, it is observed on Monday.
Vacation: Two weeks vacation and 56 hours of sick leave, per SCA Guidelines
- In accordance with the DoD Contract requirements, candidates must be a US citizen.
- Must be able to pass a background check, drug test and obtain a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI).
Education: Be a graduate from a medical assistant training program accredited by Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), OR the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) of the American Medical Technologists, OR a formal medical services training program of the United States Armed Forces, or graduate from a medical assistant program approved for certification by the California Certifying Board for Medical Assistants.
Experience: Possess a minimum of one year of experience as a Medical Assistant in a Women's Health setting within the preceding three years, as well as successful performance within the preceding 6 months performing the duties of a medical assistant.
English Language Requirement: Personnel shall read, understand, speak and write English well with demonstrated organization, facilitation and communication skills.
TYPE OF WORK
Contractor personnel shall perform a full range of duties consistent with their labor category, education, training, experience, clinical privileges (as applicable), and assigned position. General duties that apply to all personnel or across certain labor categories are given below:
- Prepare examination rooms prior to patient's arrival
- Assist with patient check-ins, admissions, discharges, and transfers as directed
- Check patient's vital signs, to include temperature, respiration, pulse, weight, blood pressure, and pulse oximeter reading
- Obtain and document patient's current medical history, drug history, chief complaints, allergies, and vital signs on correct form.
- Perform diagnostic procedures when ordered
- Maintain examination room stock levels and perform routine maintenance of examination rooms
- Complete lab and x-ray requisitions in accordance with clinic policies
- Enter demographic data into computer upon patient check-in; enter diagnosis and departing time when patient is released
- Maintain a level of productivity comparable with that of other individuals performing similar services
- Participate in peer review and performance improvement activities.
- Practice aseptic techniques as necessary. Comply with infection control guidelines to include the proper handling, storage, and disposal of infectious wastes, and the use of universal precautions to prevent the spread of infection.
- Function with an awareness and application of safety procedures.
- Perform efficiently in emergency patient situations following established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate persons, and documenting events. Anticipate potential problems/emergencies and make appropriate interventions. Notify supervisor, director, or other designated person regarding problems that the HCW is unable to manage.
- Apply an awareness of legal issues in all aspects of patient care and strive to manage situations in a reduced risk manner.
- Participate in the implementation of the Family Advocacy Program as directed. Participation shall include, but not be limited to, appropriate medical examination, documentation, and reporting.
- Exercise awareness and sensitivity to patient/significant others' rights, as identified within the MTF.
- Maintain an awareness of responsibility and accountability for own professional practice.
- Participate in continuing education to meet own professional growth.
- Attend and/or comply with all annual training classes required by the Command, to include but not limited to online annual training provided by the MTF: disaster training, infection control, Sexual Harassment, Bloodborne Pathogens, Fire and Safety, Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosives (CBRNE), and all other required training.
- Actively participate in the command’s Performance Improvement Program. Participate in meetings to review and evaluate the care provided to patients, identify opportunities to improve the care delivered, and recommend corrective action when problems exist.
- Participate in the provision of in-service training to clinic staff members. Provide training and/or direction as applicable to supporting government employees (e.g., hospital corpsmen, students, etc.).
- Attend and participate in various meetings as directed.
- Perform timely, accurate, and concise documentation of patient care.
- Operate and manipulate automated systems such as CHCS, AHLTA, ADS, Essentris, MHS Genesis and Clinical Information System (CIS), participate in clinical staff Performance Improvement (PI) and Risk Management (RM) functions, as prescribed by the Commander. Maintain DOD email account as directed. The HCW shall be responsive to all email and voicemail communications.
- Exercise appropriate delegation of tasks and duties in the direction and coordination of health care team members, patient care, and clinic activities.
- Maintain documentation of all treatment provided in accordance with clinic directives, and prepare such records and reports as may be required. All records and reports must be legible. Abbreviations must be only those listed in local instructions.
GCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or national origin. GCI gives preferential treatment to veterans.
Global Consulting International
AddressSan Diego, CA
HealthcareView all jobs at Global Consulting International
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?