Automation Engineer - relocate to Mobile, AL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Global manufacturing company is looking for an Automation Engineer to work with production and maintenance to implement equipment and system improvements. This position is located in the Mobile, AL area.
Relocation assistance is available.
- Provide technical support and consultancy to the management structure
- Assists with coordinating third party engineering contracting services from the scope definition phase, to the close out document phase, ensuring the non-interference of new deployments in existing processes, through participation and analysis in its developing phase.
- Provide regular updates to internal customers
- Prepares and presents reports and findings by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Observes safety, review accident/incident reports and assist in investigations as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 2 years’ direct experience in automation in manufacturing, commissioning or service for automation systems, preferred in steel or similar heavy industry
- Knowledge on strip quality measuring systems A+
- Industrial process automation systems including Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- Motor Control utilizing Variable Frequency Drives, including regulation via PLC systems
- Industrial communication systems, such as LAN systems, Profibus, Profinet, ProfiSafe, Wireless Networking
- Intermediate experience with industrial instrumentation and Human Machine Interface Systems, such as WinCC, WinCC Flex
- 5 years of automation experience preferred
- Knowledge of Siemens PLCs is preferred
- Knowledge of data acquisition such as ibaAnalyzer preferred
- Familiar with Open Platform Communications (OPC) and OPC Unified Architecture (OPC-UA)
- Working knowledge of Industrial Safety Systems preferred
Global CompanyWhy Work Here?
Awesome Company, Growth Opportunities, and Great People!
ManufacturingView all jobs at Global Company