THIS IS A TRAVEL POSITION SO CANDIDATES CAN BE LOCATED ANYWHERE IN THE USA
We are seeking LAN/WLAN Network Engineers to become an integral part of our traveling team! You will be responsible for performing site surveys of the existing LAN and WLAN environment and then implementing a newly designed replacement infrastructure (designed by another team). There are over 200 sites so there is plenty of opportunity to get experience and see the world on someone else's dime. Sites are both CONUS and OCONUS.
This is a near full-time W-2 employee position on a very large, already awarded contract, that will last for years. There may be some down time in between site surveys and installs. To date there has been no more than 6 weeks of down time between projects. All of the sites are at established Army medical treatment facilities.
- Assist with site surveys to include heat mapping for WLAN planning, as-is documentation, and existing site condition pictures
- Work with a team to implement Local Area Networks (LAN) and Wireless Local Area Networks (WLAN) cabling and device installs
- Supporting refreshes, updates, modifications and testing of configurations for supporting hardware and software.
- Identify, resolve, and/or mitigate network change impacts to external organizations
- Work with on-site stakeholders to develop refresh and cutover plans
- Full per diem and M&I allowance
- Certification as a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- CompTIA Security+ certification
- Must be a US citizen
- Experience with fiber and copper cabling, Cisco, Brocade, Juniper and Aruba networking technologies (not all required but more is better)
- Must possess an active U.S. Government Secret security clearance
- Good customer service skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- Independent individual who enjoys travel
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail