Senior Manager of Program Development will work closely with leadership to develop and launch successful products that are profitable/revenue-generating, sustainable, and have high travel related industry adoption with regards to diversity and inclusion as well as career development, in the travel industry. This role reports to the Vice President of WINiT and annual goals will focus on achieving key performance indicators including measures related to revenue and margin, industry and internal organizational engagement.
The role will be responsible for creating written and presentation content on topics related to diversity and inclusion for delivery to key accounts either directly or through internal stakeholders. The ideal candidate should have an understanding of D&I issues, be able to develop training materials, and presentation content based on research data and insights. A Human Resources and Business Development background are vital to this role; in addition, the ability to effectively communicate, excellent written and verbal skills, and the ability to deliver both strategic and tactical work. This role supports all functions of the organization -- administrative and event management tasks are part of the daily job function.
Key areas of focus include developing products that will help companies:
- Strengthen recruitment and career development efforts for employees at all levels of an organization with a focus on diversity and inclusion
- Merchandise and communicate organizational diversity and inclusion initiatives to the industry and to valued clients
- Understand trends in the industry through research and insights related to diversity and inclusion
- Close the gaps regarding human resource and sales and marketing initiatives that support diversity and inclusion; understanding industry needs through research and competitive analysis is important to the role
- The candidate should possess the skills and experience to deliver on the following product development strategies:
- Skill-based programming for GBTA and industry client and employee event opportunities
- Development of human resource and sales leadership training content including educational platforms and other related areas
- Membership growth and management – acquisition and retention planning and execution
- Research and Insights
- Marketing and Communications Strategy
- Communications strategy including PR and social media
- Electronic/Online development including website/email content development
- Event support on key educational and recognition events including the inaugural gala –dedicated to recognition of diversity and inclusion leadership in the industry; production leadership and content development for the event
- Project manage with cross-functional teams to ensure the strategic plan is executed in a timely and efficient manner – departments would include management of key Initiatives with: Marketing, Sales and Sales Operations, Events, Product/Sponsorship development, Education, Communications/PR, and product development teams.
- Financial Management of the budget and departmental reports with oversight from VP --- collaboration on monthly and quarterly forecasts; facilitation of invoices
- Support on Chapter Management and Materials – support key initiatives to drive chapter awareness and engagement; develop programs for chapter and field engagement to support diversity and inclusion in the marketplace
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Master’s degree an asset)
- 7-10+ years of full-time progressive work experience in travel or related industry with a focus on marketing, sales/business development, program development, and/or event planning
- Diversity and inclusion/corporate social responsibility experience is an asset
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal; and ability to build rapport and relationships at senior levels
- Strong project management skills; detail-oriented and highly organized
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced working environment with the ability to manage change effectively
- Ability to develop global and regional cross-functional relationships, manage stakeholder needs, and influence without authority
- Financial acumen; budget management skills
- Strong presentation/public speaking skills
- Experience with Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Salesforce (preferred)
- Some travel required (potential up to 25%)
- Samples of work to demonstrate presentation development, writing and financial management skills may be requested in the interview process.