Under the direction of the FBO Manager, the Customer Service Supervisor is responsible for meeting the highest levels of company customer service objectives.
The position's duties include, but are not limited to, planning short-term and long-term operations for customer service, developing, monitoring and adjusting CSR protocols and procedures, organizing daily activities and assignments, disseminating projects, and ensuring that CSR staff meet expectations and complete assignments.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
Customer Care - Positively mentors CSR staff professionalism and etiquette. Ensures that CSR staff meet the highest level of customer care for Company clients and employees.
Personnel Management - Supervises the CSR staff in carrying out their prescribed functions. Coordinates scheduling of CSR staff work days and hours with Human Resources Manager. Enforces Company policies, procedures and standards. Provides CSR staff with positive reinforcement or counseling for corrective action and documents same, as appropriate. Ensures that personnel documentation is kept confidential and given to the Human Resources Manager for filing. Advises the Human Resources Manager of personnel issues when disciplinary action may be required. Assists with CSR staff performance review.
Scheduling and Coordinating - Ensures that protocols and procedures for coordinating aircraft arrivals and departures, scheduling crew cars, coordinating rental cars, scheduling conference rooms, meetings and luncheons, and other necessary scheduling and coordination are adequately developed, monitored, and adjusted as necessary and that CSR staff adhere to those protocols and procedures.
Training - Assists with developing and maintaining CSR training guidelines, procedures, manuals and record keeping with respect to the CSR staff.
• Recruiting - Assists with the recruitment of new CSRs as needed or directed.
Communication - Ensures that protocols and procedures for internal and external communication are adequately developed, monitored and adjusted as necessary and that CSR staff adhere to those protocols and procedures.
Security Support - Ensures that Company protocols and procedures for security are adhered to by the CSR staff. Assists in the adjustment of security protocols and procedures as necessary.
Administrative Duties - Ensures that protocols and procedures for CSR staff administrative duties are adequately developed, monitored and adjusted as necessary and that CSR staff adhere to those protocols and procedures. Ensures that CSR staff provide administrative support to all Company departments (primarily to GFS and FBO fuel programs).
Office Aesthetics - Ensures that the general aesthetics of the front desk, lobby, conference room, passenger waiting area, pilot lounge, first floor rest rooms and first floor break room are maintained by the CSR staff.
CSR Duties - Performs all duties required by the CSR position.
The position performs duties with low to no supervision. Decision-making ability is of a routine nature, within prescribed operating guidelines. Mistakes/ errors may result in loss of business and poor customer relations, all of which can create a negative Company image and cause adverse financial implications for the Company.
The position oversees the work of two or more CSRs.
The position has both internal and external contacts . Internal contacts are frequently made with other Company departments. External contacts are frequently made with customers and vendors. Some interactions involve the exchange of confidential information regarding flights and customers' private information.
Specific Job Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal, positive communication, customer service and teamwork skills are essential.
- Ability to problem-solve and diffuse difficult and/or heightened intra- and inter- departmental and customer service-related situations is required.
- Professional appearance and attitude is required.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to multitask, are required.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently is required.
- Experience in MS Office applications with good keyboarding and 10 key skills is required.
- Experience in using multi-line phone systems is required.
- Experience using general office equipment, such as copy, scan and fax machines is required.
- Experience using point-of-sale machines is preferred, but not required.
- Possession and maintenance of a valid driver's license from state of residence, a good driving record within the last three years and proof of insurance are required.
- Physical ability to hear, talk and sit for periods of an hour or longer is required.
- Physical ability to lift up to five pounds regularly throughout a normal work day. Physical ability to lift and carry (for short distances) up to 50 pounds on occasions when distributing delivered office supplies or vending machine stock is required.
Education and/or Experience:
A high school education or equivalent is required. Experience of four or more years in a customer service related field, preferably in the aviation industry, is desired.
The working environment is in an office setting specifically located at the front desk reception area in the main lobby. Working conditions include working alone and with others, with frequent interruptions and extensive monitor and keyboarding work.