Global Aviation, Inc. is looking for a motivated individual who is extremely customer service oriented to fill a full-time position as a Customer Service Representative/Line Service Technician. We are also looking for someone who can learn two positions at once. Your position will mainly be Customer Service Representative but during slow periods you will be trained as a Line Service Technician. The position requires an individual who is an excellent team player, is proactive and able to multi-task while remaining focused and professional. This individual must be detail-oriented and organized, have strong interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. He or she must also be well-groomed and punctual.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 0800 to 1630. This is a full time position.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
· Customer Service - Provides outstanding customer service by proactively welcoming and assisting clients and employees. Serves as the central point of contact for transient clients to process service requests and payments. Makes applicable reservations and coordinates confirmations back to clients.
· Communication - Manages communications coming through multi-line phone systems, Uni-com radio, handheld radio and email. Directs incoming calls and takes messages as necessary and responds to all emails as appropriate.
· Scheduling and Coordinating - Coordinates aircraft arrivals and departures, crew car scheduling and rental cars with the appropriate personnel. Schedules conference rooms, meetings and luncheons.
· Security Support - Assists in following Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) rules and regulations by providing security support through issuing and retrieving visitor badges, monitoring visitors entering through the North gate, activating and terminating card keys as necessary, and running daily access reports.
· Administrative Duties - Provides general clerical support, sorts and distributes mail, and orders office supplies. Manages vending machines.
· Office Aesthetics - Manages general aesthetics of the front desk, lobby and conference room, passenger waiting area, pilot lounge, first floor rest rooms and first floor break room.
Specific Job Skills/Requirements:
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, customer service and teamwork skills are essential.
· Professional appearance and attitude is required.
· Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multitask and work effectively under pressure is required.
· Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently is required.
· Experience in MS Office applications with good keyboarding and 10-key skills is required.
· Experience in using multi-line phone systems is required.
· Experience using general office equipment, such as copy, scan and fax machines is required.
· Experience using point-of-sale machines is preferred, but not required.
· Possession and maintenance of a valid driver’s license from state of residence, a good driving record within the last three years and proof of insurance are required.
· Physical ability to hear, talk and sit for periods of an hour or longer is required.
· Satisfactory pre-employment drug screening and background check results will be required.
Line Service Technician Job Description:
Detail cleaning of aircraft, facility cleaning, greeting the flying public, fueling and towing aircraft, marshaling aircraft, fuel farm operations, fuel quality control, customer assistance, baggage handling, and all other facets of Line Service.
Education and/or Experience:
A high school education or equivalent is required. Experience of one or more years in a customer service related field, preferably in the aviation industry, is desired.
The working environment is in an office setting, specifically located at the front desk reception area in the main lobby. Working conditions include working alone and with others, with frequent interruptions and extensive computer and keyboarding work.
Compensation: $15.00 or more depending on aviation job experience. Very attractive benefits package is also provided.
Qualified applicants will be contacted by Global Aviation after review of their submitted application and resume. Applications not completed accurately and in their entirety will be disqualified from consideration. We request that applicants not call or email Global Aviation, Inc. directly regarding the status of their submission.
Today, Global Aviation is a full service FBO with 98,000 square feet of heated hangar space, executive offices, meeting rooms and pilot lounge. Based at the Portland/Hillsboro Airport, the corporation has built a solid reputation for providing the highest degree of aircraft charter, maintenance and FBO services to discerning aircraft owners and charter clientele. As the premiere FBO in the Pacific Northwest, Global Aviation continues to set the standard for full service FBO capabilities through its dedication to unsurpassed customer service.
Global Aviation Inc.
Why Work Here?Flo Newton founded Global Aviation in 1995. At the time, the company did not have a hangar, nor did it have aircraft. It only had a sincere desire to provide aircraft owners and charter clientele with the highest degree of aviation services in the industry. Today, Global Aviation is a full service FBO with 98,000 square feet of heated hangar space, executive offices, meeting rooms and pilot lounge. Based at the Portland/Hillsboro Airport, the corporation has built a solid reputation for providing the highest degree of aircraft charter, maintenance and FBO services to discerning aircraft owners and charter clientele. As the premiere FBO in the Pacific Northwest, Global Aviation continues to set the standard for full service FBO capabilities through its dedication to unsurpassed customer service.
At Global Aviation you get to work with great people and experience the excitement of corporate aviation.