Broad responsibility and leadership for overall operation of a value stream for world class, multi-billion USD aerospace manufacturer in Long Island, NY. Implements the company's Lean system and Win Strategy to ensure a safe work environment, maximize profitable growth, drive quality improvements, provide premier customer service, develop a technically qualified work force and reduce operating costs, inventories and lead times through continuous improvements. Oversee day-to-day activities to meet daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly expectations.
- Responsible for developing and managing Team Leaders and associates, Process Engineering, Quality, budgets, employment decisions and performance assessments of the Value Stream.
- Responsible for all aspects of managing the Value Stream to include: developing associates, ensure that team consensus is used to thoroughly evaluate decisions, ensure that decisions are rapidly implemented, budget planning, employment decisions related to associates and performance assessment of all direct reports, team leaders and associates.
- Ownership of Value Stream P&L’s including cost analysis and opportunities, product line margin, PPV goals and manufacturing productivity.
- Responsible for POP implementation and long-term manufacturing strategies.
- Successful Lean implementation resulting in productivity gains.
- Meets with the Value Stream Leaders regularly, discuss problems, solutions, and challenges, thereby creating a culture of continuous improvement and contributing towards becoming a learning organization.
- Leads the Value Stream in daily operations and continuous improvements which include but are not limited to: supply chain production control, establishing manufacturing priorities, coordination of activities with off -shift management and order shipments. Emphasizes the creation of continuous product flow, utilize pull systems where flow is not currently possible, and works to level the workload.
- Ensures that standardized work/processes are followed, counter measures implemented and the area is compliant with safety requirements.
- Instills and maintains a positive can-do team atmosphere within the Value Stream. Utilizes PDCA in conjunction with the Tracking Centers and Team Improvement Boards to ensure results.
- Ensures Value Stream Leaders provide effective cross-training for the Value Stream Associates, including backups from other areas, to assure a continuous smooth running Value Stream. This training is the foundation of a culture that stops to fix problems in order to get quality right the first time.
- Works with the other members of Division Staff to develop the future state value stream map and manages the plans to achieve it, as documented in the Site Tracking Center. - Works with VS Team Leaders to maintain the Team Improvement Boards (TIB) . Both the TIB and Site Tracking Center are the minimum requirements in a visually controlled environment that ensures no problems remain hidden.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent REQUIRED; Masters preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish highly preferred.
- 8-10 years of major professional accomplishments, including increasing responsibility and leadership of projects and teams of considerable size, scope and complexity in manufacturing, preferably aerospace, electronics, automotive, assembly, etc. Previous P&L ownership experience required.
- Sufficient experience and background in accounting, PC skills, manufacturing, human resources management, inventory control and strategic planning.
- Demonstrated teamwork and team building skills in producing results by meeting organizational objectives. Capable of assessing and developing individual and team skills and capabilities. Able to create and maintain enthusiasm for new and challenging goals. Serve as a role model by promoting new ideas and positive change.
KEYWORDS: Operations Excellence Manager, Operational Excellence Manager, Business Process Improvements, Plant Manager, Value Stream Manager