Global Adult Care Services LLC Pittsburgh, PA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $13 to $14 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k
Provides direct supervision to direct care staff. Provides direct care support to clients and ensures their health, safety, and welfare; ensures compliance with Chapter 6100 regulations; transports individuals to and from day supports and other activities, as necessary. Ensures site is run according to Agency's policies and procedures in accordance with Chapter 51.
1. Reports to the Program Supervisor and Program Specialist.
2. Ensures Global Adult Care Services’ mission is incorporated in the provision of client support.
3. Ensures compliance and implementation of Global Adult Care Services’ policies and procedures.
4. Completes task and assignments with accuracy.
5. Document client records data/information entry and initialing upon completion.
6. Supervises all DCS and reports all problems to Program Supervisor
7. Documents all correspondence.
8. Cook meals and give snacks (depending on the shift)
9. Annotate all pertinent information in SComm, T- Logs and ISP Outcomes and reviews them at the beginning of each shift.
10. Document information pertaining to relevant medical issues, such as injury, illness and medication changes and observed side effects of medication and a follow-up with a phone call to Program Supervisor and/or Program Specialist
11. Read and become familiar with ISP/SEE Plan in client’s file for pertinent client information (i.e., food allergies, behavioral issues, emergency contact #, etc.)
12. Ensures all prescribed medication(s) is dispensed and documented per the policies and procedures in cooperation with client’s medical needs.
13. Ensure that each client’s medical needs met by medical providers.
14. Documentation and the following of instructions given per consults/consultant.
15. Obtaining receipts for purchase made by client.
16. Supervises and assists with the maintenance and upkeep of home.
17. Communicates and resolves program and client concerns with Program Supervisor/Specialist on a regular basis.
18. Participates in mandatory staff meetings and trainings.
19. Serves as a model to the appropriate language, dress, and behavior.
20. Adheres to the appropriate procedures in the event of a crisis situation; complies with instructions given by the Program Specialist, contacts the appropriate people (both professionals and family of client), as directed.
21. Ensures effective communication with consumers, families, and other individuals involved in the provision of supports for clients.
22. Participates in various team projects and work groups, as assigned.
23. Receives 24 hours of training relevant to Human Services.
24. Transports clients, as assigned, in a safe and timely manner.
25. Accompanies clients on recreational and shopping trips.
26. Engages clients living in group home with leisure activities, such as arts & crafts, and games.
27. Provides general assistance to the clients with implementing their activities of daily living.
28. Balances and reconciles each client’s financial binders at each site weekly
29. Ensures monthly fire drills are completed in compliance with chapter 6100 regulations
30. Reviews all client ISP data and ensures staff is documenting as prescribed
31. Participates in rotating on-call schedule system
32. Makes a monthly activities calendar with client participation and gets the proper approvals
33. Develops and participates in various team projects and work groups, as assigned.
34. Ensures company vehicles are inspected, cleaned and have gas. Ensures all vehicle paperwork is correct and up to date while DCS are transporting
9. Ensure monthly fire drills are completed in accordance with PA chapter 55 standards
10. Ensures weekly Consultation Forms are printed for any upcoming medical visits and checks them for accuracy and files them upon completion
Candidate must have an equivalent of a high school diploma; be physically able to complete one person transfers. One must have good interpersonal and organizational skills and adequate written and verbal communication skills. Must meet ACT 33 & 34 requirements and have a valid license to drive in the State of PA, and properly insured vehicle.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of Global Adult Care Services (GACS) is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. GACS hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
GACS believes that associates should be provided with a working environment which enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.
Global Adult Care Services LLCWhy Work Here?
Supportive Management, Flexible Hours (7a-3p, 3p-11p, 11p-7a), Paid Training, Room for Growth within Company
Global ACS is an agency that provides person-centered residential services to persons with intellectual disabilities in a home like setting. We are a growing company looking for creative, caring, postive team members. If you are innovative and looking for a company that values its employees ideas, Global may be for you!