A community based residential service agency devoted to providing customized supports to adults with Developmental/Intellectual Disabilities has the following CAREER OPPORTUNITIES available:
Direct Care Staff (DCS)
Direct Care Staff are dedicated to fulfilling the Agencies vision and mission for individuals we serve. Direct Care Staff have direct involvement in assisting individuals with their: emotional/social/intellectual growth, ADL's, meal preparation, social and recreational community activities, medication administration, housekeeping, transporting individuals to medical appointments and recreational outings, implementation of goal plans and behavioral supports in a family style residential environment.
All applicants must be:
1. 18 years of age or older.
2. Possess a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
3. ACT 33/34 requirements
4. Properly insured vehicle and a valid license to drive in the state of PA
5. Candidates must be able and willing to complete Agency required training, maintain 24 hours of training per calendar year as required by Agency and Licensing standards.
6. Candidates must be able and willing to work at various locations with individuals with various locations with individuals with various disabilities/diagnoses.
7. Candidate must be physically able to complete one person transfers.
8. Candidate must have good interpersonal and organizational skills and adequate written and verbal communication skills.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of Global Adult Care Services (GACS) is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. GACS hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
GACS believes that associates should be provided with a working environment which enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.