Glidewell Dental is an industry-leading provider of dental technology products and services to dental professionals worldwide. Headquartered in Newport Beach/Irvine, CA, the Glidewell campus is home to 3,300 employees and complete with an employee gym, cafeteria, massage therapist, acupuncturist, and of course, a dentist. Glidewell Dental employs over 5,000 employees worldwide and is privately owned.
So what is a dental company doing with technology?
Glidewell is dedicated to building the future of dental through additive manufacturing, data science, and even machine learning. We research and develop new innovative products and services for the dental industry at affordable costs. Just ask your dentist!
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)Observability Manager, you will:
- Responsible for operating, administering and managing the day-to-day operations of a large-scale enterprise corporate network supporting business critical hardware and software.
- Hires, trains, manages, develops, assigns, evaluates, and sets goals for department and staff. Conducts performance evaluations, recognizes and acknowledges positive and productive behavior, and provide constructive/corrective feedback for performance issues.
- Develops and reviews reports tracking KPIs and trending to present to team and management.
- Monitors and remediates an extensive IT environment (databases, servers, firewalls, AWS, and business critical applications) using DataDog, SolarWinds, PagerDuty, and other enterprise monitoring tools.
- Proactively monitors, analyzes alarm information, initiates corrective actions to promptly isolate issues, restore service, implements changes and provides analysis and consultation to appropriate teams.
- Troubleshoots, isolates and diagnoses network/systems and production issues/problems, independent and/or in collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Promotes automation to replace manual processes, and implement changes to improve processes and workflows.
- Monitors the corporate network for performance degradation, connectivity issues, system events and alerts.
- Updates and manages tickets through resolution with other internal support teams.
- Tests, analyzes, performs corrective actions and restores network equipment and services in a timely and accurate manner to eliminate/reduce application impact.
- Provides timely notifications to management/outage team and escalates tickets to appropriate management as needed.
- Performs Preventative Maintenance tasks and creates, maintains, updates NOC runbooks.
- Works within established Service Level Agreements (SLA) to ensure timely response
- Participates in the development, evaluation, and execution of the strategic plans of the company. Creates and modifies long term tasks and projects in ITSM or TP3 relative to the company’s strategic goals.
- Oversees the assignments of projects and status of support tickets Monitors ITSM ticket queue to ensure problems are handled efficiently and effectively and escalates tickets to other teams as required and document all troubleshooting steps and pertinent information.
- Participates in the department budget planning process and manages the team’s budget accordingly.
- Reviews and updates department procedures. Participates in the creation and revision of department policies.
- Analyzes trends from customer requests, recommends and develops improvements to overall service levels or department processes to ensure high quality service delivery in every step. Drives support metrics by documenting end-user interactions.
- High diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in Information Technology and a minimum three (3) years of supervisory or managerial experience in an enterprise environment, or any equivalent education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been demonstrated/achieved.
- Tech certifications at a minimum, preferred.
- Automation experience (Powershell, Python scripting, batch files, etc.) highly preferred.
- Experience working in a modern NOC and DevOps/SRE culture.