Glidewell Laboratories is the industry leader in dental technology due to our agility, speed, and cutting edge technology. We work in a fast-paced and highly sought-after employee-friendly work environment. Behind all of this success is an amazing group of people who are passionate about bringing innovation to the marketplace, while providing quality and affordability to better the lives of people all over the world. If you share in our passion for teamwork and a vision for excellence, let's talk about a rewarding career at Glidewell!
In addition are the following generous employee benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company match, company-paid life insurance, additional onsite dental services, vacation, holiday, and sick time, employee gym (with fitness classes and meditation room), employee medical/wellness center (with massage therapy and acupuncture), two company subsidized cafes, Internet cafes, employee lounges with big screen TVs, game tables, fun company sponsored events, a diverse work environment with over forty nationalities represented, and much more!
As a NOC Engineer, you will:
- Manage direct incident response and NOC activities during scheduled shift.
- Create, automate, and respond to daily operation alerts for the large-scale enterprise corporate network.
- Perform monitoring tool audits to ensure the proper monitoring of the entire IT Enterprise.
- Proactively collaborate with the Company to expand the monitoring environment to develop a specific, early warning monitoring environment.
- Develop and review reports tracking key performance indicators (KPIs) and trends to present to team and management.
- Monitor and remediate an extensive IT environment (databases, servers, firewalls, AWS, and business critical applications) using various enterprise monitoring tools.
- Provide analysis and consultation to appropriate teams.
- Monitor, test, analyze, perform corrective actions, and restore network equipment and services in a timely and accurate manner to eliminate/reduce application impact.
- Troubleshoot, isolate, and diagnose network/systems and production issues, independently and/or in collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Promote automation to replace manual processes, and implement changes to improve processes and workflows.
- Monitor the corporate network for performance degradation, connectivity issues, system events and alerts.
- Provide timely notifications to management/outage team and escalates tickets to appropriate management as needed.
Interested in working with us? You will have:
- High diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field, preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in Information Technology and minimum three (3) years of NOC experience in an enterprise environment, or any equivalent education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been demonstrated/achieved.
- Automation experience (Powershell, Python scripting, batch files, etc.), highly preferred.
- Experience with monitoring systems and APMs including but not limited to SolarWinds, DataDog, AppDynamics, CloudWatch, PagerDuty, and Nagios.
- Experience with Active Directory functionalities, Group Policy, DNS, and DHCP.
- Experience working in a modern NOC and DevOps/SRE culture.
- Experience with networks, routers, switches, servers (Win/Unix/Linux), VMWare, SAN, security, wireless, and VoIP.