- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hagerstown company seeks Controller. The position is available immediately and involves supervising two employees in a hands-on environment. This company has been in business for 50 years and averages 30 employees. The company offers a benefit package that includes subsidized medical, HSA (with company matching contribution), 401k plan, PTO, dental, vision, and life insurance.
- Weekly reconciliation of commissions due from prior week’s cash receipts. Maintain each sales team member's commission reconciliation spreadsheet.
- Weekly processing of Payroll using TigerPaw PSA and QuickBooks Enterprise. Maintain accurate employee wage, withholding and PTO records in QuickBooks.
- Data entry of all expense related accounts payable. Maintain open invoices. Issue payments for all AP vendors as needed. Match paid vendor invoices to vendor check stub for filing. Maintain accurate vendor information in QuickBooks.
- Prepare and file monthly Sales and Use tax reports for MD, PA, WV and VA for both GPS and Innovexx. Maintain files on tax payment history.
- Administer the company health insurance plan and conduct the annual plan renewal with a local agent.
- Administer the company liability insurance policies and conduct the annual renewal with the assistance from the company consultant.
- Administer the company Health Savings Plan. Maintain an accurate census of employees and make weekly deposits to the plan from PR withholding.
- Administer the company 401k plan in conjunction with the third-party administrator. Provide accurate YTD wage and contribution info to the TPA. Make weekly deposits to the plan.
- Maintain the general ledger in QuickBooks. Use class codes for all data entry to ensure proper tracking of sales, costs and expenses and profitability for each of the four department class codes. Edit any item showing up in the GL with a code of “Unassigned”.
- Review financial statements and GL balances monthly to ensure correct postings. Alert owner of any downturn in sales and or profitability.
- Coordinate all financial year end activity with the CPA firm. Provide requested documents via email and provide remote “Accountants Access” to QuickBooks. Distinguish between Innovexx and GPS financial info.
- Supervise AR manager and the Inventory Control/Purchasing coordinator.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation in QuickBooks.
- Maintain fixed assets in the general ledger as well as keeping electronic or paper files of all documents related to the purchase and or sale of the asset.
- Maintain paperwork on all bank loans related to fixed asset purchases, lines of credit and term loans for the company.
- Maintain files on all federal and state tax returns for the companies, GPS (C-Corp), Innovexx (S-Corp) and the owner’s personal returns and well as local property taxes.
- Experience with QuickBooks and Excel is preferred.
Local leader in security systems, VoIP systems and IT networking.
1216 Sherman AvenueHagerstown, MD
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Controller Assistant jobs daily straight to your inbox!