JOB TITLE: PSYCHOLOGIST
SHIFT: MONDAY – FRIDAY 8:30 AM-4:30 PM
SUMMARY: Glenwood A Continuum of Care is seeking a licensed psychologist to provide outpatient clinical services in our newly updated Birmingham Outpatient office. Come be a part of a great team of professionals including therapists, social workers, psychologists, and medication management services. Benefits include insurance, retirement fund, and funds for CEU and licensure renewal. Glenwood Inc. is a progressive multi-site agency that provides a full-range of services for children and families with mental health needs. Glenwood has a long history of providing children’s mental health services in Alabama starting in 1973. The agency provides a variety of services including children’s residential services, adult residential services, adult day programs, school services, and ABA services, as well as outpatient assessment and therapy. This position is within the outpatient services program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Completing diagnostic testing for children 2 through 18 years of age.
- Providing therapy services for children and their families in an outpatient setting.
- Conducting school-based evaluations through a DOE contract on an as-needed basis.
- Consultation and/or therapy services with local contracted schools and/or Head Start programs.
Note: This is not an exhaustive list of required duties.
- A Ph.D. or Psy.D. from an APA accredited university within the area of Clinical Child, Pediatric, or School Psychology.
- Licensed within the state of Alabama or licensed in another state and eligible/able to obtain Alabama license before starting employment.
- Experience in Autism/Developmental Disabilities preferred; including training in administration of the ADOS-2. Willing to provide training to a motivated psychologist.
- Experience assessing and providing evidence-based therapies for children and families preferred. Particular preference will be given to training in PEERS for Preschoolers, Attachment-Based Family Therapy, TF-CBT and/or AF-CBT, CBT, or other evidence-based treatments appropriate for the individuals and families we serve.
BENEFITS: These include: Paid vacation/sick leave, vision/dental/health insurance, retirement plan with match, as well as life insurance and flexible spending accounts
For questions, please contact Dr. Sacha Toth, Ph.D., Director of Outpatient/Clinical Services at 205-212-6721 or firstname.lastname@example.org