Position: Maintenance Assistant
Shift/Hours: Monday – Friday (some weekends)
7:30am - 3:30pm / 8:00am - 4:30
Glenwood, Inc. has an opportunity to become a part of our excellent maintenance support staff as a Maintenance Assistant.
Glenwood leads the State of Alabama in providing behavioral health care and educational services for children and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder and severe emotional disturbances. For more than 40 years, our dedicated staff has played a pivotal role in the services we provide. Join an organization with rewarding jobs, supporting staff to give the best lives possible to the individuals we serve.
Qualifications and Requirements:
The ideal candidate must:
• Be able to work independently and efficiently to evaluate the work orders, what is needed and how to complete the work properly.
• Be able to perform basic maintenance for facilities and equipment.
• Be able to perform basic electrical wiring repair and installation of plugs, ballasts other electrical equipment.
• Be able to complete basic plumbing repairs, including fixtures, stoppages and replacement.
• Be able to utilize skills in carpentry, including but not limited to replacement, patch and repair of drywall.
• Be able to repair and replace floor coverings, as assigned.
• Troubleshoot and make necessary repairs to appliances in residential facilities.
• Properly and effectively paints facilities, signs and other items as assigned
• Completes required administrative paperwork along with assignments on or before
identified time frames;
• When assigned, completes preventative and maintenance checks for the Agency’s fleet of vehicles.
• Completes and turns in maintenance orders and logs at the end of work day;
• Completes preventative maintenance checks scheduled for kitchen equipment monthly
• Performs pool maintenance and upkeep daily during pool season, as assigned
• Follows accepted safety precautions, agency policies and procedures to minimize work related accidents with chemicals, equipment, and/or vehicles
• Other repair and maintenance duties as assigned.
Must be at least 21 years of age;
• High School Diploma or equivalent;
• Must possess a valid AL driver’s license and have a driving record acceptable by agency insurance carrier.
• Must pass all background screens and pre-employment testing required by agency
• Must have own tools and truck
• Must be able to read, write, comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions.
• Physical requirements include standing and walking for 6-8 hours per day; sitting 1-2 hours per day, and driving up to 2-4 hours per day.
• Other physical requirements include bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching, pushing and pulling up to 1/3 of working hours.
• Lifting and carrying weights up to 50 pounds unassisted may be required.
• Must be able to climb ladders and to use power tools.