Glenwood, Inc. has an opening to work in our Allan Cott School as a Behavioral Teacher Assistant serving children with an Autism diagnosis, while working with a collaborative team of Special Educators, Board Certified Behavior Analysts, and Speech and Occupational Therapists. This position is a great opportunity for those seeking to work in a supportive team environment in the field of behavioral health and developmental disabilities.
SHIFT: Monday – Friday, 7:00am– 3:00pm
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Implement special education programs and lessons
- Implement Behavior Support Plans and other ABA programs or interventions
- Provide Crisis Intervention and respond to aggressive or self-injurious behaviors
- Responsible for collecting student data on behavioral and educational progress
- Provide direct care for students and assist with daily living skills/hygiene
- Minimum of 21 years of age.
- BA/BS in social service field/education or related field highly preferred
- Interest in Applied Behavior Analysis highly preferred. Supervision hours are available for those seeking BCBA certification.
- Either an Associates degree from an accredited college, 60 college credits, or a minimum of 2 years of related experience and high school diploma/equivalent is required.
- Valid Alabama driver’s license and driving record acceptable to agency’s insurers; clearance through Alabama Department of Human Resources Child Abuse Registry and ABI/FBI registry; the ability to acquire, perform and maintain certification in First Aid, CPR, Managing Crisis Safely (MCS) all restraint techniques, and Medication Assistance Certification (MAC).
- Obtain Registered Behavior Technician certification within 6 months of hire. RBT training will be provided.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life and Supplemental Insurance
- Company provided Life Insurance
- Company provided Long Term Disability
- Retirement plan offered
- Flexible Spending program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off