Glenwood, Inc. has an opening to work in our Allan Cott School as a Behavioral Teacher Assistant serving children with an Autism diagnosis, while working with a collaborative team of Special Educators, Board Certified Behavior Analysts, and Speech and Occupational Therapists. This position is a great opportunity for those seeking to work in a supportive team environment in the field of behavioral health and developmental disabilities.
SHIFT: Monday – Friday, 7:00am– 3:00pm
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Implement special education programs and lessons
- Implement Behavior Support Plans and other ABA programs or interventions
- Provide Crisis Intervention and respond to aggressive or self-injurious behaviors
- Responsible for collecting student data on behavioral and educational progress
- Provide direct care for students and assist with daily living skills/hygiene
- Minimum of 21 years of age.
- BA/BS in social service field/education or related field highly preferred
- Interest in Applied Behavior Analysis highly preferred. Supervision hours are available for those seeking BCBA certification.
- Either an Associates degree from an accredited college, 60 college credits, or a minimum of 2 years of related experience and high school diploma/equivalent is required.
- Valid Alabama driver’s license and driving record acceptable to agency’s insurers; clearance through Alabama Department of Human Resources Child Abuse Registry and ABI/FBI registry; the ability to acquire, perform and maintain certification in First Aid, CPR, Managing Crisis Safely (MCS) all restraint techniques, and Medication Assistance Certification (MAC).
- Obtain Registered Behavior Technician certification within 6 months of hire. RBT training will be provided.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life and Supplemental Insurance
- Company provided Life Insurance
- Company provided Long Term Disability
- Retirement plan offered
- Flexible Spending program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off
Why Work Here?Glenwood provides an array of services which are devoted to supporting and treating children and adults impacted by autism spectrum disorder and children with severe emotional and behavioral disorders. Services include educational, vocational, diagnostic services and treatment based interventions which are based on best practice and dedicated to improving outcomes and the quality of life of every individual served.
Glenwood is the leading provider of autism and behavioral health support and services in the State of Alabama.