Do you want to make a difference in a person’s life? Become a Direct Support Professional with Glenwood, Inc. You will be teaching, encouraging and supporting people with disabilities to live rewarding lives.
Glenwood, Inc. is seeking an energetic individual to fill the role of Adult Day Instructor. The work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:00 am until 4:00 pm.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Assist in promoting and implementing the individual’s person centered goals and objectives from the day Habilitation aspect of the Individualized Plan of Care (IPC)
Assist in planning varied age appropriate activities and instruction throughout the day (active treatment) to promote individuals’ learning skills, choice and achieving personal goals
- Minimum 21 years of age
- B.S. or B.A. in Human Services field required
- Valid Alabama drivers license.
- Must be able to pass background screening successfully
- Computer skills preferred
- Must have the ability to be certified in CPR, First Aid, Managing Crisis Safely (MCS) and Medication Assistance Certification (MAC)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life and Supplemental Insurance
- Company provided Life Insurance
- Company provided Long Term Disability
- Retirement plan offered
- Flexible Spending program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off