Do you want to make a difference in a person’s life? Become a Direct Support Professional with Glenwood, Inc. You will be teaching, encouraging and supporting people with disabilities to live rewarding lives.
Located in Birmingham, AL
Hours of work include evening and overnight shifts.
Stay with Glenwood and we reward you! At 3, 6, and 12 months employment, if you are full time and have a good employment record, we provide a $250 bonus to you! Continue with a good record and at each year of your anniversary, you receive a $500 bonus!
- We also have a generous Referral Bonus plan. When you refer someone to work for us, and they complete 30 days, you receive $100! Another bonus is given at 180 days of $200!
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide direct care for the individuals served, following resident's Individual Plan of Care (IPC), policies and procedures, emphasizing non-averse, positive programming and interactions
- Provide support services for residents, staff and facility
- Transport/accompany residents to/from school, dining facility and planned activities
- Safely operate facility vehicle(s) as qualified and required
- Documentation of care, services and daily activities in a timely manner
- Responsible for cultivating and sustaining a healthy environment in the Home(s), as well as maintenance of the home, property and upkeep of company vehicle
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- BS/BA in Human Services field preferred
- A valid Alabama driver's license
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Must be able to pass background screening successfully
- Must have the ability to be certified in CPR, First Aid, Managing Crisis Safely (MCS) and Medication Assistance Certification (MAC)
- Experience in residential care or human services is preferred
- Computer skills preferred
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life and Supplemental Insurance
- Company provided Life Insurance
- Company provided Long Term Disability
- Retirement plan offered
- Flexible Spending program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off
Why Work Here?Glenwood provides an array of services which are devoted to supporting and treating children and adults impacted by autism spectrum disorder and children with severe emotional and behavioral disorders. Services include educational, vocational, diagnostic services and treatment based interventions which are based on best practice and dedicated to improving outcomes and the quality of life of every individual served.
Glenwood is the leading provider of autism and behavioral health support and services in the State of Alabama.