Essential Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Shelby Software Management – Maintaining and overseeing Shelby Membership and Shelby Giving modules.
- Maintain all keys and records of key and alarm codes given to staff, volunteers, etc.
- Maintain and monitor approved driver list for church buses along with vehicle key check out, and trailers. Process driver record checks as required. Make sure vehicles have current state tags and proper paperwork for travel.
- Help with coordination of maintenance and building services needs with proper departments.
- Work with Ideal Impact and church staff as energy coordinator for scheduled heating and cooling of building.
- Work with Executive Pastor, Maintenance/Building Services staff and IT staff on current vendor contracts for leases, maintenance and purchases (i.e. copy machine leases and maintenance, phone systems, cameras, IT and janitorial supplies, etc.). Interface with all vendors and maintain vendor files and contracts.
- Post individual weekly contributions that come in through regular Sunday offerings, E-giving and staff payroll contributions. Keep contribution postings current.
- Print and mail year-end contribution statements.
- Regular upkeep of contribution envelope list, including adding or deleting as necessary and sending bi-monthly lists to the envelope company.
- Collection of weekly departmental deposits from safe, combine all individual deposits into one general deposit. This includes transferring the prepared weekly tithe deposit and delivering to local bank branch.
- Weekly transfer from E-giving account to regular operating account and disbursement, via deposit slip, to appropriate funds. Maintain E-giving vendor communication and resolve issues.
- Support Executive Pastor as needed with preparation for Finance and Personnel Committee meetings, maintain Policy and Procedures Manual, PO preparation, weekly staff agendas, etc. Prepare and send out weekly financial reports and prepare monthly reports for Finance and Personnel Committee meetings.
- Troubleshoot minor issues with phone systems, copiers, camera systems, internet and computers, etc. affecting Glenview staff. Working with IT management vendor and other vendors as needed for above services.
- Maintain minutes for all Committees, send out meeting notices and prepare for committee meetings, as well as Safety Team and Pit Crew/Ushers.
- Back up for Human Resources and Payroll.
- Participate as a team member of the business administration staff, faithfully support, and work in good spirit and cooperation, with all church staff.
- Cooperate in the performance of any other duties when asked.
- This is not a remote position.
Skills / Requirements
- Proficient with ShelbyNext Membership, Giving and Financial software.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exhibit exemplary social skills and ensure considerate interactions with all members and guests.
- Must enjoy interacting with a diverse group of people from all backgrounds and age groups.
- Exhibit a humble, patient, and collaborative spirit in order to create a healthy and vibrant work culture with the staff team.
- Possess a strong work ethic and initiative.
- Ability to multi-task, pays attention to detail, and be a team player.
- Expectation to strive for personal and professional growth in leadership and general ministry effectiveness.
Qualifications / Education:
- Educational Requirement - High School Graduate - Mandatory
- Experience - 1-2 Years ShelbyNext - Preferred
- Administrative Assistant – 2-4 Years Experience - Preferred
- Successful completion of background check, MVR, and credit check may be required.
Glenview Baptist Church