- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Project Manager
Reports To: President
Summary: Under the direct supervision of the President, the Project Manager’s role is to manage construction projects to deliver exceptional results for our clients both on time and within budget.
Relentlessly Proactive -
We hold every employee to the standard of being “Relentlessly Proactive,” and we expect this behavior to permeate every activity.
- Develops solutions to make sure that issues never become problems.
- Studies bid specs carefully, looking for potential issues before we ever start the job.
- Asks lots of questions and sees things that other firms miss.
- Studies drawings in detail and ask lots of “what‐if” questions.
- Is exceptionally well prepared for interviews.
- Develops contingency plans in advance – just in case an item on the critical path is delayed.
- Makes sure that our client never has to wonder what is happening with their job. We would rather over‐ communicate than under‐communicate.
- Does whatever it takes to deliver on our promise. We do what we say we will do, when we say we will do it.
Managing Projects ‐
Build Long Term Relationships
· Business Development
- Develop a comprehensive Business Development plan to generate at least $2.5M in business.
- Attend at least one ABC networking event per month.
- Attend interviews as required to close new business.
- Attend industry, social and non‐profit events to build relationships and identify new opportunities.
- Proactively build and sustain relationships with targeted clients.
- Initiate new projects with architects, engineers and owners.
- Successfully identify and develop a specific niche.
- Proactively communicate with the client team at all times.
Operate as One Team
- Provide information to President to ensure that they are prepared for project meetings.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the status of every project under your control.
- Work with on‐site Superintendents to deliver the highest possible quality and customer satisfaction.
- Build strong win‐win relationships with other departments within the company including accounting, marketing, business development, estimating, and superintendents.
Go the Extra Mile
- Ensure that every project is managed to maximize client satisfaction.
- Ensure that the project quality control plan is in effect and followed.
- Ensure that the punch list is completed to the client’s satisfaction.
- Submit project change orders to clients within one week of request.
- Complete and distribute meeting minutes within 48 hours of progress meetings.
- Return all calls and e‐mails within 24 hours.
- Prepare, complete, and submit O&M manuals to clients within 30 days of substantial completion.
- Complete WIP reports within scheduled timeframe.
- Ensure that the job processes are followed in accordance with policy.
- Proactively monitor the progress of the project through updated schedules.
- Resolve scope problems with subcontractors.
- Review and ensure that the safety plan is in place prior to starting work.
- Ensure that the field staff is administering the safety plan.
- Submit projects for industry awards as appropriate.
Never Stop Improving
- Initiate development program to build professional and managerial skills.
- This should include certifications such as LEED.
- Read local business and relevant construction trade publications.
- Initiate suggestions for company‐wide process improvements.
- Research and maintain technological excellence in their work environment.
Engineer Win‐Win Solutions
- Identify, document and plan to avoid risk.
- Negotiate changes to the subcontract with approval from higher authority.
- Successfully complete projects to maximize profit and client satisfaction.
- Identify creative ways to deliver additional profit if possible.
- Minimize profit fade.
- Ensure accuracy in the budget projections.
- Manage projects to maximize positive cash flow.
- Ensure that project invoices are submitted to clients by the 15th of each month.
- Collect Accounts Receivables within 45 days of project completion.
- Ensure that pending Accounts Payables are turned into Accounting within 15 days of receipt.
- Identify and negotiate time extensions where justified and or allowed.
- Complete all activities with a pride of ownership “as if it was your name on the door.”
- Participate in company‐wide events, such as meetings, socials, etc.
- Ensure company contractual standards are being met prior to performing work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and have excellent follow up skills both internally and externally.
- Must be professional and polished in appearance and speech.
- Must be consistently at work and on time. Ability to work the hours required to support the schedule of the project.
- Must respond promptly to customer needs; Must meet commitments.
- Must identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; Must work well in group problem solving situations.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and integrity.
- Additional hours may be required to meet project deadlines.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Possess a 4 Year Degree from an accredited university within the Engineering, Construction Management, or Business concentrations strongly preferred.
- Ability to read drawings/specifications.
- Five plus years of commercial construction tenant interior experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to express opinions and ideas, both verbally and in writing, in a clear concise manner.
- Demonstrated business acumen with strong presentation skills.
- Ability to maintain composure, professionalism, and objectivity in difficult situations and effectively resolve conflicts.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Proficiency with AutoCad and/or Procore software a plus.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and sit; Endurance and Ability to walk the entire job site including stairs and elevated structures; Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and business equipment. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Glenshaw Architectural WoodworkWhy Work Here?
State of the art equipment, amenities, room for growth.
3114 William Flynn HighwayAllison Park, PA
ConstructionView all jobs at Glenshaw Architectural Woodwork