Are you outgoing and customer-focused? Do you enjoy working with the public? If you answered yes to these questions, working for a State Farm independent contractor agent may be the career for you! State Farm agents market only State Farm insurance and financial service products.Responsibilities
- Develop leads, schedule appointments, identify customer needs, and market appropriate products and services.
- Establish customer relationships and follow up with customers, as needed.
- Provide prompt, accurate, and friendly customer service. Service can include responding to inquiries regarding insurance availability, eligibility, coverages, policy changes, transfers, claim submissions, and billing clarification.
- Use a customer-focused, needs-based review process to educate customers about insurance options.
- Maintain a strong work ethic with a total commitment to success each and every day.
- Hourly pay plus commission/bonus
- Paid time off (vacation and personal/sick days)
- Valuable experience
- Growth potential/Opportunity for advancement within my office
Compensation: 25,000 to 50,000 annuallyRequirements
- Sales experience (outside sales or inside sales representative, retail sales associate, or telemarketing) preferred
- Successful track record of meeting sales goals/quotas preferred
- Interest in marketing products and services based on customer needs
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal and listening
- Enthusiastic about the role insurance and financial products play in helping people manage the risks of everyday life, recover from the unexpected, and realize their dreams
- Organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Proactive in problem solving
- Experience in a variety of computer applications, particularly Windows
- Pride in getting work done accurately and timely
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to make presentations to potential customers
- Achieve mutually agreed upon marketing goals
- Provide timely and thorough activity reports to agent
- Ability to conduct interviews in the office
- Ability to assess customer needs and conduct effective interviews
- Ability to effectively relate to a customer
- Ability to execute a detailed business plan
- Ability to explain complex financial issues in understandable terms
- Property and Casualty license (must be able to obtain)
- Life and Health license (must be able to obtain)
- Courses on ethical and customer centered sales practices will be required
- Selected candidate is expected to remain current in product changes, licensing, technical developments, and continuing education
If you are motivated to succeed and can see yourself in this role, please complete our application. We will follow up with you on the next steps in the interview process.
This position is with a State Farm independent contractor agent, not with State Farm Insurance Companies. Employees of State Farm agents must be able to successfully complete any applicable licensing requirements and training programs. State Farm agents are independent contractors who hire their own employees. State Farm agents’ employees are not employees of State Farm.