Glenn, Prather and Company, a small CPA firm with locations in Midland, TX and Cedar Park (Austin), TX is looking to hire a tax preparer to join our team of accounting professionals. This position is available in either our Cedar Park or our Midland location.
The Tax Preparer position will be responsible for the preparation of various tax returns including, but not limited to, individual, corporate, fiduciary and partnership returns including related state returns. In addition, this position will need to be able to conduct research on a variety of tax issues, properly prepare and document tax workpapers and correspond with our clients regarding various tax issues.
We are looking for someone with 3-5 years of experience preparing returns and working with clients to discuss various tax issues including tax compliance and tax planning. CPA license preferred but not required.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting preferred.
- Three to five years of public accounting experience preferred
- Experience with individual, corporate, partnership and fiduciary taxation
- A minimum of at least CPA Exam eligibility preferred
- CPA license beneficial
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with tax research software, preferably Thomson Reuters/RIA Checkpoint
- Lacerte tax software preferred
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with QuickBooks beneficial
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to follow processes and instructions
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Experience working in a paperless environment