Glenmoore, the premier retirement community for active seniors in Happy Valley, is now hiring for a Full-Time Kitchen Helper. The Kitchen Helper is cross-trained to do all tasks in kitchen. This is a training and development role with the hope that you will aspire to become part of our essential culinary personnel in the future. Such potential openings after training and proven performance development and skills include, but are not limited to, becoming a Cook, Sous Chef, or Executive Chef.
Job Duties and Requirements:
· Help serve meals to residents at their tables.
· Clear dishes from resident’s dining tables.
· Wash and store dishes.
· Set dining room tables.
· Light food preparation tasks as needed.
Skills and Abilities:
· To be successful in this role you must have a friendly, professional, and energetic personality and have a passion for improving the lives of others.
· You must have general knowledge of cleaning and sanitation procedures.
· To fulfill state regulations, it is required that you maintain food handlers’ permit
· Possessing a strong desire to advance in the culinary industry by working hard and meeting time lines is essential to this role.
We offer a competitive compensation and a benefit package that includes paid time off, Company paid life, the opportunity to elect medical, dental, vision and disability benefits, as well as supplemental life insurance. In addition, we offer a 401k plan with company match at the company’s discretion, and an employee assistance program (EAP). We also have a very unique culture and love to celebrate year-round!
How to Apply:
At Hawthorn we pride ourselves on hard work, integrity, and operating with total transparency. We also hold the belief that you can never go wrong doing the right thing.
Please come by and complete an application, we would love to meet you!
12154 SE 114th Court
Happy Valley, OR 97086
Submit your most recently updated resume to Glenmoore.Hiring@HawthornRet.com for consideration.
For more information about our company, please visit our website at www.seniorlivinginstyle.com.
Glenmoore is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do pre-employment background checks, employment verification, and reference checks.