Reporting directly to the Executive Director of Operations, this position directly leads demand planning, supply planning, distribution and logistics funtions, as well indirectly leads sourcing/purchasing activities and initiatives. Accountability includes finished goods inventory and direct materials inventory management, material requirements planning (MRP), master scheduling, Sales & Operations Planning, and SKU-level demand planning and reporting to optimize the balance of demand, supply and financial impact over the short and mid-term planning horizons. Drive improvements in planning systems, processes and resources to create increased productivity. Lead the development and execution of Supply Chain/Technical Operations sourcing strategies to leverage relationships with suppliers and global affiliates.
- Develops and monitors key metrics for assessing supply chain effectiveness, including maintaining a 98% average Customer Service level for all finished goods. Leads corrective actions when performance is outside targeted performance levels.
- Develops and leads implementation of company strategy to improve supply chain management coordination with other North America sites to leverage cost savings where applicable.
- Successfully drives the resource planning for new product launches between the Monroe site and the Research and Development functions in India, ensuring on time delivery with consideration to project time lines and FDA approval for finished goods.
- Identifies opportunities for increasing operational performance including, capacity utilization, scheduling inventory management investment, cost competitiveness, service and customer satisfaction and recommending appropriate courses of action. Leads and manages projects to capitalize on such opportunities.
- Leads the Sales and Operations Planning process for the business, working in concert with Portfolio & Project Management, Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, and Finance, plus liaise with other Glenmark functions. The objective is to reach consensus on a single, operating plan which allocates the critical resources of people, capacity, materials, time and money to most effectively meet the marketplace demand in a profitable way.
- Oversees the Production Planning process, with the objective of balancing demand with supply through the use of the SAP planning and/or other systems.
- Works with supply chain logistics companies to obtain customs & FDA clearances for import of goods.
- Understands and delivers services in conjunction with the demand, future product launches, and customer bids/new business.
- Works with cross-functional team which includes Manufacturing, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Regulatory and Engineering personnel daily to prioritize production, identify and mitigate risks to supply and ensure management of resources appropriately in order to meet supply goals.
- Develops and monitors targets for inventory categories. Assigns accountability for inventory categories to supply chain and other site functions. Reports monthly on performance to plan and coordinates resolution of categories outside of targets.
- Develops and monitor a formal cycle counting process, ensuring that the company’s assets are accurately stated so that 1) the business can execute without failure and, 2) the shareholder value is assured.
- Develops staff succession plan and implements formal education/training program for those under his or her authority.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in a Supply Chain, Operations, or Business Management discipline.
- MBA or other related Master’s Degree preferred.
- Progressive ten (10) plus years of experience in supply chain, materials management, purchasing and/or logistics with increasing responsibility.
- Five (5) years in a Supply Chain or related sub discipline at the managerial level.
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience with pharmaceutical API and excipient sourcing, purchasing and qualifying for use.
- Two (2) to three (3) years’ experience in an active role in Sales and Operations Planning is desired.
- SAP expertise particularly in the Production Planning, Procure to Pay and Warehouse Management modules desired.
- APICS CPIM, CSCP, SCOR-P, and/or CLTD certifications are highly desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Provides guidance and technical assistance in the preparation of annual budgets for specific unit of responsibility.
- Ability to outline proposed funding for increases and new initiatives, estimated costs and expenses, and capital expenditures needed for department.
- Strong proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Moderate proficiency in Visio and Project applications desired.
- Strong proficiency in the use of Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) software required. Experience with SAP strongly desired.
Analytical /Problem Solving Skills
- Mastery of concepts, principles and methods to solve difficult or unusual systemic problems characterized by their level of importance and impact to the company. Formulates logical and objective conclusions recognizing alternatives and their implications.
- Ability to develop new ways of administering business and lead unprecedented projects.
- Provides cost-benefit analyses to substantiate decisions in product selection.
- Ability to speak on a one-to-one basis using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain information, explain policies, procedures, and persuade others to accept or adopt a specific opinion or action.
- Ability to make presentations to various groups and customers.
- Skills in writing concise, logical, grammatically correct analytical reports, policies and procedures, and general office communications.
- Must demonstrate a collaborative work style, with a strong ability to build relationships, gain credibility and partner with internal customers and co-workers. Strong organizational, communication and project management skills
- Ability to perform a variety of duties often changing from one task to another of a different nature under the stress of frequent interruptions and/or distractions.
- Skills in setting priorities accurately to reflect the relative importance of the job in a timely manner.
- Innovative skills in organizing materials, information, people in a systematic way to optimize efficiently and minimize duplication of efforts.
Human Relations Skills
- Demonstrated skills and abilities in establishing rapport and gaining the trust of others.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to organize objectives, delegate responsibilities, train, evaluates subordinates effectiveness and administers necessary discipline.
- Work is regularly performed inside in an office and warehouse environment.
- Work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of walking, standing, bending and similar activities when in the manufacturing areas. Requires physical characteristics and abilities above average agility and dexterity.
- The work area involves moderate risks or discomforts requiring special safety precautions required working around warehouse equipment and machinery.
- Requires use of personal protective equipment in designated areas that may include masks, gowns, safety footwear, and eye protection.
- Work area is adequately lighted, heated and ventilated.
- Must exercise extreme safety and precaution at all times in all designated cGMP areas in the facility.