Transportation Specialist/Professional Driver
- Over a month ago
- $70,000 to $100,000 Yearly
- Benefits: dental, medical, vision, 401k,
Glendenning Brothers, Inc. (GBI) is a liquid bulk transportation company based out of northern Illinois. We transport non-HazMat bulk liquid freight, primarily food grade and feed grade products. We also haul various non-hazardous chemicals, adhesives, and non-petroleum oils. GBI’s industry knowledge and experience allows us to service customers with unique product needs.
GBI was founded by a driver, Kevin Glendenning. GBI takes pride in the history of trucking and values the skill required to masterfully operate tractor-trailers.
Who we want
We are looking for safe, experienced, and self-motivated transportation specialists to serve not only as drivers, but also as transportation experts and customer service representatives. Our transportation specialists take pride in their profession and the services they provide to our customers. A GBI team member exhibits the following:
Dependability - GBI drivers are reliable, responsible, and dependable in fulfilling the obligations of their work.
Adaptability/Flexibility - GBI drivers understand that “doing what our competition can’t do” means being open to change and to new experiences on the job.
Collaboration - GBI drivers seek feedback and opportunities for growth. They are willing to share ideas and make suggestions for improvement.
Critical Thinking - GBI drivers are constantly analyzing information and using logical reasoning to address work-related issues and deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
Attention to Detail - GBI drivers pay careful attention to detail and are thorough in completing work tasks.
- Looking for experienced & self-motivated transportation specialists Preferably with at least 2 year of driving experience
- Applicants must have valid Class A CDL with Tanker endorsement (Hazmat not required). Experience is preferred but tank trailer training is provided.
We offer an exceptional, flexible compensation and benefits package that is well above the industry standard.
- Pre-tax annual income ranges from $70,000 - $100,000+
- Performance Pay and flexibility in choosing your income level and work-life balance
- Paid time during unscheduled servicing and breakdowns (although our late model, elite equipment is not likely to break down)
- Paid Training using GBI’s state-of-the-art equipment
- Over the road, HOME TIME most weekends
- No Slip Seating
- Employee & Family Health insurance coverage premium paid 100% by GBI
- Alternatively, each employee may choose to opt out of the health insurance plan and receive an additional monthly cash payment (an ACA Sec. 125 Waiver Credit)
- 401k with employer match
- 7 paid holidays annually
- Paid Time Off (PTO) (personal days and vacation)
- Company cell phones provided along with specified data usage for personal entertainment
- Tanker Training is available whenever desired or required of a new Driver
- New Equipment, in excellent condition. All trucks are Freightliner Cascadia (70” mid-roof XT sleepers) 2015 model year or newer
- Company owned fleet - Maintained in-house
- Focus on driver comfort (Cab and bunk climate control, equipped with ParkSmart auxiliary power units, Freightliner’s premium interior upholstery and electronics package, premium air-ride driver seat, Hendrickson air-ride steer-axle suspension, Eaton ultra-shift transmissions, refrigerator and a space for microwaves in each unit, upgraded gel mattresses, and fitness bands available in bunk)
- Road calls and mechanical down-time are infrequent
Glendenning Brothers, IncWhy Work Here?
At GBI, you're more than a truck driver. You're a tank carrier specialist dedicated to raising the bar in transportation.
AddressStillman Valley, IL
Transportation and Storage
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?