Property Maintenance Technician
Glendale Townhomes Inc Madison, WI
- Posted: over a month ago
- $15 to $28 Hourly
A Maintenance Technician is a thorough professional with a practical mind and attention to detail. The ideal candidates are able to multi task, work autonomously and responsibly, they are problem-solvers and possess great communication skills. Maintenance Technicians work with in multiple trades and over time, become skilled in several of these areas, they have a natural desire to fix things and a strong mechanical understanding of how things work, they learn skills to identify the real issue and make repairs to solve those issues ussing current Processes and also develop new ones for continuous improvements. Our Technician's work with Owners, Residents, office staff, vendors, and contractors as well as each other.
As A Property Maintenance Technician you will join our team and undertake the responsibility to preserve the good condition and functionality of the premises. Candidates with strong work ethics, skills, and job experience in some of these areas and the desire to learn others are encouraged to submit resumes for review. You will perform maintenance tasks of great variety including basic repairs to plumbing, switch, outlet and light fixture repairs and replacements, appliance repairs and replacements, perform pre move out inspections, Work with painters, cleaners, and carpet cleaners to efficiently turn units at the end of each month. Our maintenance department cares for the grounds with snow and Ice control in the winters and lawn care in the spring and summer months. We are well equipped for all aspects of grounds control for small and large projects.
Grounds care skills with Lawn care, daily grounds pick, Mowing, trimming, mulching, tree trimming and removal, fertilize certification for turf control, plowing parking lots, plowing sidewalks, salting both for ice control. Construction skills are helpful to assist greatly with ongoing unit remodels, tear outs, drywall repairs, texture, paint, flooring, cabinet and counter installs, and finish trim to name a few.
We have very few after hours calls but, some on call will be required. some overtime and weekend work will be required in month end turnovers and unit completions as well as snow and ice removal in the winter.
Maintenance Staff Responsibilities:
- Complete work and repair orders in a timely fashion
- perform pre move inspections, organize monthly turns, schedule outside contractors
- Perform routine preventive maintenance
- Maintain material and supply inventory
- Oversee work performed by outside contractors as necessary
- Repair major and minor issues with equipment and buildings
- Valid drivers license and good driving record required
- Order and replace broken parts or equipment
- Maintain a clean and a safe work space
- Assist with remodels including, but not limited to tear outs, installing flooring, installing cabinetry and appliances, replacing fixtures and windows, assisting with trim work, etc.
- Painting, cleaning
- HVAC systems
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Immediate openings! Pay rate based on qualifications.
- Previous experience in multi-unit property maintenance helpful
- Experience with end of month turns and general property maintenance helpful
- Experience with remodels is a plus
- Familiarity with maintenance tools and equipment
- Ability to handle physical workloads, frequent Lifting, bending, up and down stairs
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- The ability to think on the spot and problem solve
- The ability to work independently and maintain productivity as well as handle large workloads.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, residents, Owners, vendors and contractors
- High school diploma or GED required. Higher education is not required
- Please upload your resume with references and cover letter (optional).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $28.00 /hour DOE
Glendale Townhomes IncWhy Work Here?
Mid size property all in one location. lots of variety in the work load. Teach your skills and learn from others as well.
Glendale Townhomes rests on 5 1/4 acres on Madison's East side just off Hwy 51 south of the beltline. The 2 and 3 bedroom Townhomes are large multi level units in 11 separate buildings, all with private front and back doors and no common hallways. Each Townhome has a private basement with finished room and own mechanics including laundry and central A/C. Our 1 bedroom garden style apartments located in the twelfth building has common entries and open basements. The property is well maintained with modern upgrades, and with 3 open courtyards offers a lot of open space for our residents. We have a onsite Office/model as well as maintenance garage. We are always working on improvements and remodeling of the Townhomes and apartments so we are well equipped for the work and, have some great vendors to support us for the things we can't do.
2620 South Stoughton RoadMadison, WI
Real EstateView all jobs at Glendale Townhomes Inc