Certified Caregiver *HIRING BONUS* - All Shifts Available
Glencroft Retirement Glendale, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
In order to qualify for this position incumbent must provide a valid State of Arizona issued Caregiver Certificate. This position encompasses a variety of duties essential in providing non-clinical direct personal care to residents and maintaining a safe and healthful environment.
A thorough knowledge of the practices and procedures in the use and function of Certified Caregiver principles. Strong written and oral communication skills. Effective in establishing and maintaining rapport with staff, residents, resident's families, and visiting doctors. Must possess the ability to maintain composure under pressure. A professional appearance is to be maintained at all times. The Certified Caregiver will possess a genuine interest in and concern for geriatric, chronically ill, and/or disabled persons. Must be able to fluently communicate in or to take or give direction or guidance in the English language.
1. Regular attendance is considered an essential function of this position and is necessary for the efficient operation of the business.
2. Serves as an ambassador of goodwill to all potential and current residents and staff.
3. Provides assistance with all Activities of Daily Living to the degree required by the resident and identified in the Service Plan.
4. Is familiar with the safe and proper use of mobility devices, such as canes, walkers, wheelchairs, and crutches. As well as the safe and proper care of Aids for Daily Living, such as eyeglasses, contact lenses, and hearing aids.
5. Performs Instrumental Activities of Daily Living, such as telephone, housekeeping tasks (emptying trash receptacles, making beds), and laundry. Escorts residents and coordinates internal transportation needs. Delivers mail for resident.
6. As prescribed, assists residents with self-administration and administration of medications, including monitoring of medication supplies and documentation.
7. Conducts room checks and resident rounds.
8. Monitors for environmental hazards.
9. Documents and reports all incidents, errors, accidents, and resident-related events.
10. Assists in a variety of tasks related to dining such as escorting resident to dining room, serving meals and snacks, and serving in-room meals. Also assisting with meals (i.e.: feeding residents). The PCA must stay in dining room at meals to observe residents when eating.
11. Prepares and maintains resident records.
12. Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe environment at all times, including making beds, keeping resident areas neat and tidy, and monitoring entire work environment to keep free of clutter and safety hazards.
13. Demonstrates courteous and respectful verbal and physical interactions with residents, physicians, and family members of resident, visitors, and other staff.
14. Demonstrates respect for resident by maintaining resident's dignity, providing privacy and abiding by the resident's Bill of Rights.
15. Responsible for attending in-services, staff meetings and Service Plan Meetings as required by facility policy.
16. Responsible to carry out all tasks as dictated by resident need and identified in Service Plan.
17. Takes direction from Director of Assisted Living and performs all duties of Personal Care Attendant competently and with a positive and cooperative attitude.
18. Responsible for answering, in an expedient manner, all calls from residents requesting and needing assistance.
19. Always greets all visitors in a friendly, courteous and professional manner, provides information and guidance, in person or on the phone
20. Performs other duties as may be assigned.
If you are passionate about working with seniors in a team-orientated work environment, then we want you to help us continue to provide high quality senior services in a manner that demonstrates Christian love and compassion.
Glencroft Center for Modern Aging is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation.
With a community of up to 900 residents, and more than 500 staff to service their needs, we always have a wide range of positions available. From skilled nursing and certified care positions, to support staff such as maintenance, landscaping, security, or servers – we select only the best employees for these jobs in Glendale. If you are passionate about working with seniors in a team-orientated work environment, then we want you to help us continue to provide high quality senior services in a manner that demonstrates Christian love and compassion. Glencroft Center for Modern Aging is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation.
8611 N. 67th AvenueGlendale, AZ