GlenBrook Health Center is currently hiring a per diem Activities Assistant, with flexible availability. Shifts may include evenings, weekends, and holidays. The Activities Assistant assists with a varied activity program designed to meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the Health Center residents.
- Assists with organizing and coordinating all activities for the residents to ensure all activity needs of the residents are met. Maintains current and accurate documentation for residents’ daily activity participation and follows the individualized plan of care for each resident.
- Demonstrates ability to provide quality resident care consistently and meets residents' activity needs. Adheres to policies and procedures in accordance with State and Federal guidelines and the facility’s standard of practice for resident care and activities departmental duties and responsibilities. Assists with the implementing of Quality Assurance programs and ensures the programs are ongoing and provide accurate information for quality improvement.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with residents, family members, State and Federal surveyors, and other professionals. Ensure the personal rights of each resident to fair and equitable treatment, self determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil rights are well established and maintained at all times.
- The Activities Assistant attends all in-service training and works to achieve personal and professional growth through continuing education.
- High School Degree required.
- The 40 hour Basic Course for activities professionals is preferred. (National Certification Council for Activity Professionals - NCCAP)
- At least one year experience in a social or recreation program or a healthcare setting working with the elderly
About GlenBrook Health Center:
The five-star rated GlenBrook Health Center is located adjacent to the campus of La Costa Glen in Carlsbad, and offers 94 Skilled Nursing beds and 70 Assisted Living rooms with professional staffing 24 hours a day. Set in a beautiful location, surrounded by natural hills and lush landscaping, our skilled nursing creates a nurturing and caring environment. GlenBrook has achieved Medicare’s 5 star facility rating since its inception and annually receives outstanding state survey results across the board. Our skilled nursing has an outstanding nursing team, enjoying high staffing ratios resulting in very low nursing team turnover. Our assisted living offers personalized assisted living and secured dementia care. The community also provides full-service physical, occupational and speech therapy and rehabilitation departments, as well as other key services.
The community is bordered by vistas and gardens, a serene and positive setting in which to heal, rejuvenate, and experience quality of life. The use of vibrant color, cascading waterfalls, and fruit trees provide inviting areas in which residents and families may enjoy outdoor special moments of peace and tranquility.
We appreciate your interest in our employment opportunities at our Community. We are committed to hiring high quality, professional and caring individuals. We value and recognize the importance of supporting, training, and retaining our employees to better serve our residents. We look for employees with a passion for customer service.
Prior to beginning work at our community, applicants must complete and pass a drug screening, physical exam with tuberculosis (TB) skin test, and criminal clearance through FBI and Department of Justice (over 18 only). The background search includes minor misdemeanors and DUIs.
The Community offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a Safe Harbor 401(k) with match.
Apply online VisitGlenBrook.com/Careers.