Founded in 1961 by Dr. Stanley Pearle to bring optometrists and opticians under one roof, Pearle Vision continues to emphasize a convenient, holistic eye care experience by offering doctors and a retail operation in one place. Today, our mission is to provide more patients and communities with genuine eye care by partnering with optometrists, opticians, and retail eye care professionals who share our passion.
Pearle Vision is also part of an eyewear industry leader, Luxottica. We are experts who know every appointment begins and ends with trust. And every pair of glasses acts as a symbol of our commitment to you, your family, and to our community.
Consider working for a Pearle Vision right in your community. We look for employees who are creative, energetic, wide-eyed & people focused looking for exciting opportunities in eye care and retail.
The Licensed Optician attracts and retains customers by delivering an exceptional customer experience and promotes outstanding associate/doctor satisfaction. In addition, the Licensed Optician will lead the sales team by driving a positive & productive environment, modeling an outstanding patient experience, and positively building the Pearle Vision brand throughout the community.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Drives profitable store sales by fostering a retail selling culture practicing the Neighborhood Eye Care Experience (NECE) and using effective retail sales skills.
· Develops professional business relationships with other Sales Associates and Doctors
· Fills ophthalmic eyeglass prescriptions and fits and adapts lenses and frames, to include but not limited to the following:
o Utilizing optical prescription, evaluates prescription in conjunction with customer's visual requirements;
o Asking lifestyle questions to determine customer’s vision needs;
o Recommending specific lenses, lens coatings and frames to suit customer needs;
o Assisting customers in the selection of frames and coordinating frames with optical measurements and prescription;
o Conducting measurements of bridge and eye size, temple length, vertex distance, pupillary distance and optical centers using appropriate tools;
o Troubleshooting vision issues confidently and bringing to resolution for customer satisfaction;
o Aiding in training of new associates to help them understand frame and lens selection
· Attainment of plan sales goal and comp store sales growth
· Positive comp store contribution (year-on-year improvement)
· Participate in business planning and business updates with the owner
· Accountable for the recruitment, training, development, and retention of high performing associates, as measured by:
o Selection of brand right associates who demonstrate desired patient care behaviors;
o Effective and consistent associate On Boarding;
o Utilization of effective daily practice and role-playing;
o Employee satisfaction through two-way communication;
o Proactive manpower planning for adequate bench strength
· Ensuring positive patient satisfaction, as measured by patient retention and survey responses
· Ensure each store is effectively merchandised and presented according to standards as measured by:
o Execution of planogram;
o Execution of visual appearance inside and outside of store (i.e., signage);
o Maintenance of overall standards (i.e. cleanliness, housekeeping);
o Associates exhibit professional presentation (i.e., attire) in accordance with Company standards
· Ensure high quality through customer follow-up, accurate measurements, correct pricing, POS entry, and realistic service delivery time quote as measured by:
o Ready when promised;
o Remake and return percent as compared to Company average;
o Calls to customers to follow-up on purchases
· Maximize Managed Vision Care relationships and sales opportunities
· Timely implementation of approved Marketing programs
· Execution of signage and promotions according to Company standards
· Execution of operational procedures:
o Safety (security system, safety information posted, fire extinguishers, door locks);
o Maintenance as measured by proper housekeeping, carpet, store front windows, proper lighting, and store safety (safety information posted, fire extinguishers and door locks)
This job posting is not intended to include all duties or requirements that may be required by the position.
BASIC (REQUIRED) QUALIFICATIONS
· State licensure or certification by a nationally-recognized opticianry association as an optician
· Ability to deliver an outstanding experience during direct interaction with patients
· Experience providing enthusiastic and concise communication to foster positive and results-oriented associate, doctor and host relationships
· Proven experience and results with a retail or customer service establishment
· Experience with vision care insurance within an optical retail environment
· Ability to sell through use of sales skills and accountability for sales results
· Capability to present and implement decisive and creative solutions to issues/opportunities to grow the business
· Success in store merchandising and attention to detail
· Ability to train (through practice and role-play), coach, and develop excellent patient focused and results-oriented sales associates
· Experience in recruitment of retail sales associates
· Desire to present and implement decisive and creative solutions to opportunities to grow the business
· Ability to manage priorities through delegation, adaptability, and flexibility
· Computer experience preferred
· Successful candidate must have the ability to undergo and pass any necessary background checks or drug testing requirements
· Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in retail operations
· 3+ years of experience
· Experience with personal computers
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
· Cover Letter
The incumbent or successful candidate must meet the position requirements above in order to perform the essential functions of this position and achieve the outcomes/results indicated in this position description. The Company will make every effort to make reasonable accommodations upon request to enable qualified individuals with known disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.