Lead Teacher/Facilitator for Christian School
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Purpose: GlenHaven Academy is a new Christian school launching in August, 2023, in the Northland of Kansas City. The Lead Supervisor will oversee the daily learning activities of students in GlenHaven Academy, focusing on Grades 2-8. This is a Christian school operating on the Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) model. Students learn through individually placed curricula with extensive support from the supervisor and volunteer monitors. The school is a ministry of GlenHaven Church.
Brief summary of duties.
1. Receive training in the ACE model; GlenHaven subsidizes travel and accommodations during training.
2. Order and organize individual “PACE” units for each student.
3. Support students’ learning by answering questions, occasional tutoring/ teaching, encouraging critical thinking, and monitoring assessment and test taking.
4. Help organize and work with volunteers teaching electives (e.g. P.E., Art)
5. Work with school principal (pastor) to maintain a positive, disciplined learning environment.
6. Be a positive, encouraging connection for children and parents to the church.
7. Keep organized documents and student report cards in the ACE software.
1. Be a Christian who has and practices a relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Be committed to the concept of rigorous, Christ-centered education that facilitates critical thought.
3. Be flexible, not easily frustrated, and able to work with a variety of personalities.
4. Be willing to work within a chain of command; responsive and positive toward direction from supervisors
5. Educational attainment to at least the Bachelor’s degree level is preferred, but not essential.
6. Have experience in delivering instruction using a structured curriculum.
7. Be In good health; be physically able to lift at least 30lb. when necessary, manage stairs as part of daily routine, and bend and stoop as needed to interact with students.
8. Must be or be willing to become a member of GlenHaven church.
9. Be at least 21 years of age and pass a criminal background check.
Responsibilities: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability assigned.
1. Become well-versed in the ACE method of individualized learning through ACE supervisor training (to be taken during the summer) and ongoing communication with ACE support network. (Expenses and compensation for training provided.)
2. Administer diagnostic tests to students entering GlenHaven Academy.
3. Ensure that appropriate PACE units are available to each participating child.
4. Train and guide volunteer monitors in their role in the ACE system.
5. Assist in the process of screening and enrolling new students.
6. Oversee the school day for 2nd-8th grade students; prepare and administer daily schedule.
7. Working with volunteer monitors, assist students as needed as they work through their paces; answer questions, help locate resources, and encourage critical thought.
8. Help arrange for, set up, and monitor group activities such as labs, lectures, physical education, and other special experiences for all grades.
9. Communicate closely with the K-1st supervisor regarding daily and special schedules, needs, and problems.
10. Work to establish relationships with families as well as students.
11. Promote and represent the school in the community with respect.
12. Follow all established Child Policy and Protection Guidelines.
13. Maintain an orderly, focused learning center. Administer disciplinary procedures established by the school board when necessary. Work with the principal and school board to resolve any severe or ongoing disciplinary issues
14. Oversee testing procedures through which students complete units.
15. Report any on-site concerns to the principal; report anything of an ongoing or serious nature to the school board as well as the pastor.
16. Help organize age-appropriate field trips for all grades.
17. Assist in organizing and advertising fundraising events.
18. Oversee maintenance of up-to-date, accurate records in crucial areas such as immunizations, progress, and test scores.
School hours are from 8AM-3PM M-F. We anticipate that set-up, clean-up, and planning will require approximately 5 additional hours weekly.
The Lead Supervisor is under the supervision of the Pastor. Through the Pastor, this individual reports to the GlenHaven Academy School Board and the church Session.
If relocating more than 50 miles, some relocation assistance may be negotiated.
Compensation: 40,000 annually.
Medical, dental, and vision Insurance available; congregation pays 70% of premium for denomination's individual mid-level package.
June and July off as well as school holidays
We are new "re-plant" of St. Luke Joy Presbyterian Church. Being a "re-plant" means we are an existing congregation that has taken on the mentality of a church plant. We desire to be faithful to God's call in our lives by renewing our mission in our community
4301 NE Vivion Rd.Kansas City, MO
Get fresh Teacher Christian Academy jobs daily straight to your inbox!