Glen Park Healthy Living is a community-recognized leader in helping those with memory impairments and those who require assistance with the activities of daily living. We strive to keep residents engaged in activities that are both interesting and meaningful to them with a supportive staff that takes the time to encourage independence.
We are currently looking for a top-notch Activity Director to join our team!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs and conducts activities for residents that encourage continued social functioning and continued independence in activities of daily living
- Ensure that activities include:
- Socialization- which encourages interaction among residents
- Daily Living Skills- which maintain independent functioning
- Multi-sensory Activities - encourage personal interests using the five senses and promotes socialization + involvement with other residents in the community
- Physical Activities- which develop and maintain strength, coordination and rage of motion
- Increase community engagement
- Plan monthly in-reach/out-reach events
- Recruit/retain active roster of volunteers
- Assist in creating content for monthly newsletter (requires familiarity w/ Outlook, MS Word, social media)
- At least 18 years of age
- Six months of related experience
- Professional demeanor: able to act as back-up for office manager, give tours to prospective residents + families
- Strong communication skills + teamwork mentality
- Have the personal characteristics, physical energy and competence to work effectively with older adults, specifically those living with memory impairments like Alzheimer's + dementia.
- Good driving record + current CA drivers license
Please DO NOT RESPOND if you are not willing/able to work one weekend day - this job requires four week days and one weekend shift.
Holding Zoom Interviews ASAP.