About the Company
Glen-Gery Corporation is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Brickworks Limited. Brickworks Limited (“The Group”) is a large Australian-listed group of companies. The Group has been in operation since the early 1900s, has a market capitalization exceeding $2.5 billion, and operates across 3 core business segments: Building Products, Land & Development, and Investments. The Group employs more than 2,000 FTE employees and operates nationally across Australia, recently acquiring Glen-Gery Corporation to add operations in the USA.
Founded in 1890, Glen-Gery Corporation is one of the nation’s largest brick manufacturers and operates nine brick manufacturing facilities and one manufactured stone facility. Glen-Gery products are sold nationally through a network of over 500 distributors as well as in Canada.
The selected candidate will execute various Health and Safety programs, ensure and monitor enforcement of company policies for health and safety, discover opportunities for improvement of conditions, reporting tied to health and safety, training implementation, ongoing monitoring of regulatory compliance.
HIGHLIGHTS OF SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES (NOT ALL INCLUSIVE)
· Assist, plan and implement safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT).
· Prepare and enforce policies to establish a safety first culture.
· Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law.
· Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention.
· Advise and lead employees on various safety-related topics.
· Conduct risk assessments.
· Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions
· Investigate accidents or incidents to find cause and take prevention measures for further incidents.
· Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures
· Report on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics.
· Inspect organization locations to detect existing potential accident and health hazards. Determine corrective or preventative measures, where indicated, assign responsibility and follow up to ensure the corrective measures have been implemented.
· Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations.
· Conduct periodic safety inspections at Company sites to ensure safety procedures are in place.
· Work in conjunction with Director, Health and Safety on safety compliance concerns and preventative actions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Proven experience as safety manager
· 6-8 years of experience as a Safety Manager or similar role
· Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines
· Ability in producing reports and developing relevant policies
· Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
· Ability to recognize when safety conditions need improvement
· Excellent organizational and motivational skills
· Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
· Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
· Must be able to travel overnight 30-50% of the time
· BS/BA in safety management or relevant field is preferred
Glen-Gery offers a competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance and 401(k) plan.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER