We are seeking a self-motivated, experienced Fleet Manager to join our team at Glen Gery in our Shoemakersville, PA location. This person will be responsible for planning, leasing, guiding and implementing a national strategy for the purchase, maintenance and servicing of the truck fleet, heavy mobile equipment and motor vehicle fleet.
About the Company
Glen-Gery Corporation is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Brickworks Limited. Brickworks Limited (“The Group”) is a large Australian-listed group of companies. The Group has been in operation since the early 1900s, has a market capitalization exceeding $2.5 billion, and operates across 3 core business segments: Building Products, Land & Development, and Investments. The Group employs more than 2,000 FTE employees and operates nationally across Australia, recently acquiring Glen-Gery Corporation to add operations in the USA.
Founded in 1890, Glen-Gery Corporation is one of the nation’s largest brick manufacturers and operates eight brick manufacturing facilities and one manufactured stone facility. Glen-Gery products are sold nationally through a network of over 500 distributors as well as in Canada.
- Manage national car fleet including replacements, lease extensions and new vehicle benchmarking;
- Oversee the upgrade of the mobile asset fleet including truck trailers, large wheel loaders, forklifts and other heavy equipment;
- Organize fleet associated purchasing including price/contract term negotiation, capital expenditure preparation and final documentation preparation for approval;
- Ensure all fleet including new leases and purchased equipment are fully insured at all times and assist with yearly renewals;
- Provide technical support on best method of repair to company equipment;
- Ensure best utilization of surplus equipment and refurbish equipment as planned when possible;
- Implement a national maintenance system to achieve clarity and analytical data across the business on maintenance trends and costing;
- Oversee monthly compliance and maintenance budget; and
- Work with Executive VP Finance on all leasing/financing arrangements.
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Advanced computer skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Detail oriented and accurate
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain & Logistics, Business, or Management, or other related field; or a combination of education and other relevant experience
- 4 to 6 years working knowledge of fleet management and maintenance programs
- Proven ability to manage functions and activities related to the procurement, servicing, operation, maintenance, and repair of vehicles
- Knowledgeable of the practices and procedures involved in researching, comparing, and purchasing vehicles, equipment, and supplies
- Proficient knowledge of OSHA regulations to establish safety policies and procedures for fleet service operations
- Proven knowledge of DOT regulations, governing the use of commercial vehicles, as well as strong mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of vehicle systems, components, and design characteristics
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive an as such the employee will also be required to perform other reasonable business duties as may be assigned by their immediate supervisor and or other management personnel.
Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance and 401(k) plan. Please apply online at www.glengery.com/careers.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
In addition to brick, Glen-Gery is also known for its superior line of manufactured stone veneer, Landmark Stone. Glen-Gery Landmark Stone is available in eight different profiles including stackstone, fieldstone, ledgestone, fieldledge, glen ridge, limestone, cut cobble and ashler. Glen-Gery Landmark Stone is manufactured with the same attention to detail and craftsmanship that have defined all Glen-Gery products for over a century.
Glen-Gery's other brands include Glen-Gery Thin Tech, Glen-Gery Natural Stone, Glen-Gery Color Mortar and Glen-Gery Pre-blended Mortar. The addition of these complimentary brands has kept Glen-Gery a leader in the building products industry.
Founded in 1890, Glen-Gery Corporation is one of the nation's largest brick manufacturers and operates nine brick manufacturing facilities and one manufactured stone facility. Glen-Gery products are sold nationally through a network of over 500 distributors as well as in Canada.